1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Whitetail Ear Muscle

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by mj757, Jan 9, 2020.

1. mj757

mj757 New Member

In desperate search of videos, tutorials for recreating ear muscles. I don’t like the plastic preformed ones. I want to make them out of clay. Any help is Greatly appreciated. Point me in the right direction

Thanks
    Mike

2. Tanglewood Taxidermy

Tanglewood Taxidermy Well-Known Member

Any of the ones from Taxidermy Training Unlimited and Rick Carter's Whitetail A-Z from McKenzie.

rogerswildlife and Tgodoy32 like this.

3. rogerswildlife

rogerswildlife Rogers Wildlife Taxidermy Tommy Rogers

It really helped me years ago to invest in some food ear cast also . That way you have a 3 dimensional image of the earbutt .
    Tommy

Lance.G likes this.
  4. Tanglewood Taxidermy

Tanglewood Taxidermy Well-Known Member

You can skin out your next deer so that all the ear muscles are intact. Then move it around and take pics of it for 2D reference. That helped me a lot.

5. 13 point

13 point Well-Known Member

6031EE77-F159-4838-B55C-CB7F15700BD6.jpeg 56FE45D1-31FF-4837-A06A-A9A67B972623.jpeg Go to headquarters they have some from Gene Smith

tem, Lance.G and Micah Howards like this.
  6. Richs Taxidermy

Richs Taxidermy Well-Known Member

Gene Smith has great reference,or you could buy Clint Rickey s DVD he will teach you about the baconstrips and do hickey muscles,13 point there is a muscle that drops down from notch of bottom ear I believe

7. shane whiting

shane whiting Active Member

Utah
    Hi Guys, I cannot find the Gene Smith Cast anywhere in the HQ catalog. Anyone know where to purchase or have a parts #?

Thanks,
    Shane

8. rogerswildlife

rogerswildlife Rogers Wildlife Taxidermy Tommy Rogers

Call Gene he usually has them .
    Tommy

9. Richs Taxidermy

Richs Taxidermy Well-Known Member

Yes gene sells them direct,120 apiece,he is on Facebook