1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Mckenzie Collecting Resales Tax For Md

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by 13 point, Jan 10, 2020.

1. Tanglewood Taxidermy

Tanglewood Taxidermy Well-Known Member

A great man once said in reference to taxes, "give to Caesar what is Caesar's and give to God what is God's". But it gets to the point where Caesar asks too much!

AOC once said that she never could understand that she would have to share her tips from where she worked with the rest of the people she worked with. She said she thought it was wrong to work so hard at something and then have to give some of that compensation to someone who didn't do anything to earn it. Talk about being a hypocrite!

I bet she has never had to depend on llama burgers and frozen day old Little Caesars pizzas from the food bank for her calories. The food bank absolutely saved my family's life as we refused to go on food stamps. Her hair cuts cost hundreds, my family's hair cuts are done at home for the men and under $30 for the women. I'm so sarcastically glad we help her take our HARD EARNED money for her little work as a public servant and her tireless work as spoiled loudmouth idiot.

Alas, I have not come up with any solutions, just a tired rant that is as old as the establishment of the first government.

James Marsico and pir^2h like this.
  2. joeym

joeym Jeannette & Joey @ Dunn's Falls

I've been paying a 7% USE Tax to the state of Mississippi for years. There is no sales tax on taxidermy here, but legally we are required to pay a use tax on out of state purchases used in business. BE SURE TO DEDUCT SHIPPING CHARGES! Shippers already pay the state sales taxes for their services.

3. Paul B

Paul B Active Member

Maybe some are upset because they don't collect taxes for the work preformed for customers, cash deal.

4. FishArt

FishArt Well-Known Member

Same situation here in Illinois Joey. Personally, I don't have a problem with these taxes as it comes closer to leveling the playing field for local businesses that have been hurt by internet purchases. Purchases that did not have to pay taxes for out of state purchases. Heck, same concept has been in play for decades when it comes to buying out of state cars with lower sales taxes. You get to pay the difference when you go to register your car back in your state. It levels the playing field...

5. Joe Kish

Joe Kish Well-Known Member

Texas
    [QUOTE="FishArt, post: 2794302, member: It levels the playing field...[/QUOTE]

"Leveling the playing field!???" What does that mean? Who benefits from leveling what playing field?
    How about this one: "Paying your fair share of taxes." No one is required to pay a "fair share" because there is no such thing as a fair share. What's fair about coercion?

3bears likes this.
  6. Joe Kish

Texas
    Cite me chapter and verse from your state's transportation code or equivalent law, code or regulations that makes it mandatory to register your car if you are not using it in commercial uses of "transportation."
    The fact that all Americans have been brainwashed since infancy to believe that you have to register your non-commercial "car" doesn't mean it's true. You have to fill out an application for registration which means you are knowingly and willingly asking your state to accept ownership of your car. Once they own it an let you use it, you have to pay for the privilege every year that it's registered in your name.
    Go ahead, have fun with this.

7. FishArt

Joe, you're getting way too deep for me to understand what the heck you're talking about - lol!

Every state I know requires one to register and Title their vehicles and get plates assuming they wish to drive them on the road. Nothing to do with commercial or private. In Illinois here if I buy a car in Wisconsin (which has a lower sales tax than Illinois) I have to pay the difference to the State of Illinois when my vehicle is Titled here in Illinois. Just making an analogy to the topic at hand as they are very similar...

8. Joe Kish

Texas
    FishArt,
    I'm not surprised you find my statements about registration somewhat vexing. We are never taught anything about law in school by design. Consequently we grow up believing so strongly in false notions we don't know what to make of the truth when it's right in front of our faces.
    Here it is from the....

Texas Transportation Code CHAPTER 502.

REGISTRATION OF VEHICLES
    SUBCHAPTER A. GENERAL PROVISIONS

§ 502.003. REGISTRATION BY POLITICAL SUBDIVISION
    PROHIBITED.
    (a) Except as provided by Subsection (b), a political
    subdivision of this state may not require an owner of a motor
    vehicle to:

(1) register the vehicle;

(2) pay a motor vehicle registration fee; or

(3) pay an occupation tax or license fee in connection

with a motor vehicle.

(b) This section does not affect the authority of a
    municipality to:

(1) license and regulate the use of motor vehicles for

compensation within the municipal limits; and

(2) impose a permit fee or street rental charge for the

operation of each motor vehicle used to transport passengers for

compensation,

A municipality is a county, for instance. County authorities can't require you to register your car if it isn't used on the public roads for commercial purposes. If you used the public ways to make money, then you can be required to pay for the privilege. That's fair enough.
    Remember that codes are written by lawyers who become legislators who are paid to make laws that maximize a state's revenue collections.

I'm sorry I moved this original post so far afield from the subject of taxing because it's unfair to readers who don't know anything about laws governing licensing and registration, and therefore can't participate in the discussion. Let me end by suggesting that everyone look into these maters, especially read you state's transportation and Wildlife Codes.

9. 13 point

13 point Well-Known Member

How the hell did this go from sales tax being changed in another state to registering a vehicle?

But since it did , try not registering one in MD , 1 you won’t get insurance, 2 no insurance on any tagged vehicle it’s a $500 fine for day one and $20 day for every day after . Now you just want to buy something to put on your farm to drive around on your property, no registration needed . Other then then that I have no fricken idea what the hell your talking bout Joe .

FishArt likes this.
  10. FishArt

13 point - I went to the registering an out of state purchase of a vehicle because, quite frankly it is a perfect analogy for the topic at hand. It involves sales tax differences between states and what states do about it. Unfortunately Joe posted seven volumes of lawyerin' talk that only he understands to cloud the topic - lol! (Sorry Joe - but you are out there sometimes bud!!!) lol. ;)

11. Joe Kish

Texas
    [QUOTE="FishArt, post: 2794531, member: Unfortunately Joe posted seven volumes of lawyerin' talk that only he understands to cloud the topic - lol! (Sorry Joe - but you are out there sometimes bud!!!) lol. ;)[/QUOTE]
    Mr. Fish Art,
    It's bad enough that you say I meant to cloud the topic, but to accuse me of lawyerin' talk is downright cruel. Think before you write stuff like that because you're revealing too much about your weaknesses. Fish, You're too lazy or proud to ask for clarification of the facts and arguments in my response above, so you did the classic thing: You attacked the messenger! I said I'd get off this topic because nobody is familiar enough with licensing and registration laws to be able to participate in the discussion. I thought that was only fair and I mean to do it soon. You don't have to apologize to me because I understand the frustration and helplessness that comes from ignorance of the law, brainwashing, and never having challenged authority.

13 point,

The drift of this point came from FishArt’s response #24 above. I just picked up on the registration part of his post lest the truth forever remain distorted in print.

I’m sorry I embarrassed you by an oblique suggestion that you, like most everyone else in the world are brainwashed. You don’t even question authority. You must do something about that, but I still mean it, I am sorry if I did embarrass you. You’re as much a victim of public school dumbing down, misinformation and gov’t fraud and coercion as the rest of us. No reason to be peeved at me for that.

As far as you having no idea what the hell (You sound angry) I’m talking about, it’s because you didn’t read my last three posts closely enough to comprehend the content much less get a grasp of the facts in my arguments. Your lack of understanding is frustrating to you too, yes?

What you say about Maryland law is practically the same in all states. But rather than befuddle you even further, it’s best that I stay with the sentiments I expressed about moving on, because no one is likely to understand much less participate in the discussion any more than you for the reasons I mentioned.

One last thing. A few years back when the subject of some part of the Pennsylvania game laws came into a subject of interest to taxidermists, PA generously did us a service and posted chapter and verse of the relevant parts on this forum for the benefit of all. There had to have been at least a thousand words or more as I recall, written in legalese too. I don’t remember anyone complaining that it was too hard to understand.

12. 13 point

13 point Well-Known Member

Mr. Fish Art,
    It's bad enough that you say I meant to cloud the topic, but to accuse me of lawyerin' talk is downright cruel. Think before you write stuff like that because you're revealing too much about your weaknesses. Fish, You're too lazy or proud to ask for clarification of the facts and arguments in my response above, so you did the classic thing: You attacked the messenger! I said I'd get off this topic because nobody is familiar enough with licensing and registration laws to be able to participate in the discussion. I thought that was only fair and I mean to do it soon. You don't have to apologize to me because I understand the frustration and helplessness that comes from ignorance of the law, brainwashing, and never having challenged authority.

13 point,

The drift of this point came from FishArt’s response #24 above. I just picked up on the registration part of his post lest the truth forever remain distorted in print.

I’m sorry I embarrassed you by an oblique suggestion that you, like most everyone else in the world are brainwashed. You don’t even question authority. You must do something about that, but I still mean it, I am sorry if I did embarrass you. You’re as much a victim of public school dumbing down, misinformation and gov’t fraud and coercion as the rest of us. No reason to be peeved at me for that.

As far as you having no idea what the hell (You sound angry) I’m talking about, it’s because you didn’t read my last three posts closely enough to comprehend the content much less get a grasp of the facts in my arguments. Your lack of understanding is frustrating to you too, yes?

What you say about Maryland law is practically the same in all states. But rather than befuddle you even further, it’s best that I stay with the sentiments I expressed about moving on, because no one is likely to understand much less participate in the discussion any more than you for the reasons I mentioned.

One last thing. A few years back when the subject of some part of the Pennsylvania game laws came into a subject of interest to taxidermists, PA generously did us a service and posted chapter and verse of the relevant parts on this forum for the benefit of all. There had to have been at least a thousand words or more as I recall, written in legalese too. I don’t remember anyone complaining that it was too hard to understand.[/QUOTE]
    For 1 not mad for 2 I’m not embarrassed by anything your saying , 3 you must think your better then the rest of us , dought it , 4 I may be an idiot in your ( better then everyone else’s ) eyes . 5 BUT YOUR FRICKEN NUTS .

FishArt likes this.
  13. FishArt

Joe, wow! First off, I never said you meant to cloud things - it was a side effect of your long-winded posts! I know, that reading comprehension thing can be challenging! Maybe I should type longer posts for you??? LOL! For such a smart, articulate, lawyer-type you sure are dense when it comes to recognizing a joke when it's obvious to everybody else! Especially coming from ME! Plus, you totally missed my point! Not ONCE but TWICE!!! Then, you jump to conclusions and belittle me of my (lack of) intelligence, poor work-ethic and a few other things! You're confused into thinking I care about the comments you posted enough to take the time to go thru all that crap. Now, I don't know you, but I have read a few of your posts in the past and I do notice two things common to nearly every one of your posts. 1) Your posts can invite creative thinking hence the reason i oftentimes click on them. And, 2) You can be an arrogant jag-weed at times! That's all fine and dandy as I too can have little patience with people and I can be a jag too. (Although I think you actually win here - lol! See, another joke - lol!) But, when you're missing my point and then accuse me of missing your (irrelevant to my comments) point then I'm going to call you out on it. Oh, the irony!

Last edited: Feb 1, 2020
  14. Joe Kish

Texas
    Touche!
    Honest, if you intended a joke, I admit, sorry it went over my head. But let me compliment you on the fact that you are articulate. And I rather enjoy the repartee when a man defends his arguments with vigor like you're doing. I like the word you used - jag-weed. That's a new one I never heard before. You don't have to define it because the context makes it obvious. OK, I'm ready to move on. How about you? Just one request. Please don't suggest that I could even remotely be a lawyer type! That's hittin' below the belt.

pir^2h and FishArt like this.