1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Associations And Shows

Discussion in 'Convention Information' started by RichMO, Jan 12, 2020.

1. RichMO

RichMO Well-Known Member

This is a question I've been thinking about but not a big deal. But as we go from show to show from other states some require you join their association and some do not. I was wondering who "Does not" charge participants to join their association to be in their shows and competition? I have been to several other states and have had to join their association to be in their show. Just a thought if this is a deal breaker for some?

2. 13 point

13 point Well-Known Member

Some of the states that are affiliated with the NTA will let you compete with out joining their association if you are an NTA member . I’m not a fan of joining every association, I feel if you are a member of your state or the NTA or at least 1 association and can show your card then that should be all you need , some states , your out $100 if not more before you ever enter a mount , I do know some guys that won’t go to certain states because of that .

3. Brian Reinertson

Brian Reinertson Well-Known Member

Iowa
    IA and MO do not make you join to attend and compete at their shows.

3bears likes this.
  4. Kerby Ross

Kerby Ross KSU - Class of '83; U.S. Army - Infantry (83-92)

What states are NTA affiliated? They dropped that years ago.

:)

5. pir^2h

pir^2h Retrievers give you the bird

Those association dues is what helps pay for those shows, rental of the rooms, judges and everything else they do behind the scenes that you don't see. If you are getting the benefit of the seminars and other perks it is only right you show chip in to cover these expenses. Of course, this is only my opinion. Others may not see it that way because they don't live in that state.

Kerby Ross likes this.
  6. Kerby Ross

Kerby Ross KSU - Class of '83; U.S. Army - Infantry (83-92)

I compete in other state shows and have no problem joining THEIR association to attend THEIR convention. Some states waive that if you are a member of your own state association. Membership dues aren't that high and everyone has to pay the Convention fees.

:)

Kerby...

7. 13 point

No I disagree , that is the registration fees that pays for that kinda stuff, not the membership fee , As it should be . A show/competition should pay for itself and make the association a small profit , therefore not using membership fees to help run the show .

8. pir^2h

pir^2h Retrievers give you the bird

I never been on the board of directors but does the registration fees really cover everything? I don't know. If it doesn't that cost has to be covered someplace somehow.

9. jigginjim

jigginjim Active Member

Need to pay for the beer some how. LOL

10. jigginjim

jigginjim Active Member

It would be good to know when each state is doing their conventions, sometimes just going to the seminars. plus seeing the different mounts people do.

11. 13 point

Break thru has most show dates per state , well that’s if the state contracts Larry to let him know . So just look in the last few pages of breakthrough