1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Bobcat Form Search

Discussion in 'Lifesize Mammals' started by 13 point, Jan 20, 2020.

1. 13 point

13 point Well-Known Member

2E48835F-B806-4D43-95D7-D32E8EDB2A8A.png Does anyone know who this form style is made by ? It’s possible it’s been altered. The taxidermist may even be on here , awesome job . By the way .
    Had a client bring in a huge cat today and this picture, wants it done like this , I ck all my catalogs and had no luck so figured I’d ask here , thanks

2. Micah Howards

Micah Howards Active Member

That is a mount done by wildlife artist he is amazing at bobcat mounts, he is on here but he said he is not posting on here anymore, but I have seen that he has liked some posts since then. I think he carves his own forms. His name on here is "wa" he is also on eBay you could possibly contact him there. He has a bobcat mount on eBay right now for sale.

There is a form like that one though, it is from second two nature. It would have to be altered some though. P195 BC3-365 N.jpg

woakley144 likes this.

3. 13 point

Thanks for the info , I’ll try to pm him , but maybe he will see this and comment, that form would be a nightmare lol to raise the head, neck and shoulders back up , but again thanks

4. Micah Howards

Micah Howards Active Member

Yup. He said that it was going to be his last post on taxinet, so ebay might be a better place to try or you could try both, but it doesn't matter to me lol. Yeah that's what I was thinking with that form, but thought I would throw it out there anyway.

5. 3bears

3bears Well-Known Member

MN
    Good luck with that. It seems that every customer that comes in with a bobcat brings a picture of a mount done by WA or Codi at Stony Hollow and wants theirs to match. I always tell my customers that I'll do the best I can and buy a form that is close in either size or pose and alter it. Those folks wrap or carve their own forms and are very talented at. I can carve my own but have not yet even come close to wrapping one worth a crap.

Micah Howards likes this.
  6. Tanglewood Taxidermy

Tanglewood Taxidermy Well-Known Member

Yep, that one is a wrapped form.

7. 13 point

Ok thanks gents , I have a form that’s close and a backup pose the client is ok with. Figured I’d try . I agree they do awesome work.

3bears and Micah Howards like this.
  8. Spraylord

Spraylord New Member

B09A9CE0-FA18-4553-A1B4-AFD9EEE62FA4.png

This one is from HQ taxidermy and is close.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2020
    13 point and Micah Howards like this.
  9. 13 point

That’s funny that is the exact backup form I stated my client was good with lol to funny

10. woakley144

woakley144 Active Member

If I remember right I found this one on the Research Manikins

Attached Files:

11. That’s some really good work for sure , but in my opinion (I’ve been obsessively researching bobcats lately) the best bobcats I’ve seen are Amy Carter Amy’s Animal Artistry in NC. Just my opinion but her cats are in a league of their own.

edit: sorry for going off topic there, I’ve just been obsessing over bobcats lately because I’m preparing to do my first two cats.

12. jrandall71

jrandall71 Member

Closest I've found is 2nd to nature but it'll have to be altered....alot

Attached Files:

13. 13 point

Thanks for the input and help with this. I appreciate it greatly