1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

One Of The Smartest Taxidermists In History

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by Dave York, Jan 21, 2020.

  1. Dave York

    Dave York Well-Known Member

    1,212
    1,997
    The reason he was intelligent is he got out of taxidermy.


    A Famous Taxidermist
    « on: Today at 02:17:38 PM »
    Clarence Birdseye was born in 1886 in Brooklyn, New York A taxidermist by trade, but a chef at heart, Clarence Birdseye wished his family could have fresh food all year. After observing the people of the Arctic preserving fresh fish and meat in barrels of sea water quickly frozen by the arctic temperatures, he concluded that it was the rapid freezing in the extremely low temperatures that made food retain freshness when thawed and cooked months later.
    In 1923, with an investment of $7 for an electric fan, buckets of brine, and cakes of ice, Clarence Birdseye invented and later perfected a system of packing fresh food into waxed cardboard boxes and flash-freezing under high pressure. The Goldman-Sachs Trading Corporation and the Postum Company (later the General Foods Corporation) bought Clarence Birdseye’s patents and trademarks in 1929 for $22 million. The first quick-frozen vegetables, fruits, seafoods, and meat were sold to the public for the first time in 1930 in Springfield, Massachusetts, under the tradename Birds Eye Frosted Foods®.
    Clarence Birdseye turned his attention to other interests and invented an infrared heat lamp, a spotlight for store window displays, a harpoon for marking whales, then established companies to market his products.
     
  2. Ron B

    Ron B Life Sucks.....Then comes the death roll!!!!

    19,854
    3,456
    Alabama
    So maybe there is hope for the rest of us?
     

  3. joeym

    joeym Jeannette & Joey @ Dunn's Falls

    I saw this an a program called "The Foods that Made America"....He offered 75% of his company to Marjorie Post for 12 million dollars. She told him she didn't want 75% of anything. When asked what he wanted for the remaining 25%, he thought for a moment, and replied...10 million dollars! She purchased it immediately, with Birdseye to remain in charge of the company, with unlimited resources to expand it. It's known today as General Foods!
     
  4. Dave York

    Dave York Well-Known Member

    1,212
    1,997
    Remember the words
    Smartest and Intelligent.
     
  5. Ron B

    Ron B Life Sucks.....Then comes the death roll!!!!

    19,854
    3,456
    Alabama
    Dammit! had to point that out didn't ya!!!