1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

What To Use On A Moose Soak

Discussion in 'Skulls and Skeletons' started by Tracker12, Jan 22, 2020.

1. Tracker12

Tracker12 New Member

I did a Newfoundland Moose hunt this past OCT and was lucky and bagged one T full skull and antlers were shipped to me frozen. Skull was c leaned fairly well. Should have taken it to someone to use beetles but Ould find on close so I used a power washer and it cleaned up really well. Trying to come up with some type of tank to degrease and whiten. Any suggestions absent having someone custom make one.

2. Sea Wolf

Sea Wolf Well-Known Member

Look around for one of those cast off liquid tanks that are surrounded by a rebar cage. Not sure what they are called but they are often disposed of when empty. Ask at any farms or places that have/use chemicals in quantity. Easy to cut down the metal cage and cut the plastic insert to whatever height you want. A moose head will fit in one easily.

One of these things. Not sure what it is properly called but a lot of places around here dispose of them when empty. I've seen bigger ones than this.
    [​IMG]

3. Tracker12

Tracker12 New Member

Great idea thanks

4. Its called an IBC container