1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Casting Materials

Discussion in 'Molding and Casting' started by joel potie, Jan 24, 2020.

1. joel potie

joel potie New Member

Good day,

Living in northern Canada, I figure I best learn casting and molding to lessen my dependence on shipping forms from the south. I am about to order some DVDs from McKenzies but so as to have a complete order and be able to start immediately, was hoping someone could give me an idea of what materials I should order along with the DVDs to practice some small mammal casting projects.

Thanks in advance.

2. Frank E. Kotula

Frank E. Kotula master, judge, instructor

Get some personal education. Join your association and I would suggest you get a hold of John Sanzo .
    He’s a sculptor and mold maker and teaches how to do this.
    He’s a great guy with a ton of info better than any video out there.

3. joel potie

joel potie New Member

That is great, thanks for the advice!
    Ill definitely look up John.
    I guess I was just looking for some suggestion of materials I could order from McKenzies to start practicing casting because I am a really isolated location and shipping takes not only a long time but also costs a fortune, so I am looking at minimizing the number of orders as much as possible, while I continue learning.

4. Frank E. Kotula

Frank E. Kotula master, judge, instructor

You have companies in Canada that sell these products and it’ll be much cheaper for you to buy them there.
    Look into art companies that sell these products plus they can answer some questions.
    Or even look into smooth on products and dealers In Canada