1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Pike Blanks

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by JE, Feb 3, 2020.

1. JE

JE Well-Known Member

Looking for Northern pike blanks, nose to to tail fork 45", or approx "47-48" total lenght. Must be at least 24" girth, one at 35lb weight and one at 39lb. I have tried the usual outlets, Lake country, Envison etc. Still looking for the right blanks. Must have pics and able to ship UK.
    Thanks
    John

2. fishmaster

fishmaster Well-Known Member

JOHN,
    There is a 48x26 in the old ron reynolds line. Seems like I used it once before. It should be pretty good. Phil Helms could probably get you a pic of the blank or the mold.
    Don

JE likes this.

3. JE

JE Well-Known Member

Do you have a contact email for someone re this blank Don ? I dont know who Phil Helms is unfortunately.

4. Richs Taxidermy

Richs Taxidermy Well-Known Member

Did you check with Tyler Erickson

5. FishArt

FishArt Well-Known Member

Probably a lot easier to order muskie blanks and do the simple mods...

Mudbat likes this.
  6. fishmaster

fishmaster Well-Known Member

Sorry John, Phil is the customer service guy at McKenzie. He has been really good about getting me pics of various molds they have to determine poses etc. Email at
    [email protected]

JE likes this.
  7. jigginjim

jigginjim Active Member

finding pike has been an issue for me also. Tried looking at Tylers Ericksons but can't find sizes. I just got asked about a 34 x17 pike? customers first big fish from new ice house, while fishing a metro lake.

8. JE

JE Well-Known Member

Is Tylers Ericksons Top notch Taxidermy ?

9. JE

JE Well-Known Member

Many thanks, will email him today

10. JE

JE Well-Known Member

I have been looking at those thanks

FishArt likes this.
  11. Cecil

Cecil Well-Known Member

At least one of the suppliers sells musky blanks as pike blanks for the larger sizes There is a difference on the scale distribution on the cheeks, the number of mandibular pores, and caudal fin shape, but the average customer won't know or care unless he's a fish biologist.

Mudbat and FishArt like this.
  12. FishArt

FishArt Well-Known Member

Yep. And yep - easy changes! Although I need to add the rest of the fins to your above list though Cecil. Fins and Tail biggest differences between the two species. Those would be the only things an average customer MIGHT notice if you don't round up those Musky fins to Pike-like and also the tail differences...

Cecil likes this.
  13. Richs Taxidermy

Richs Taxidermy Well-Known Member

Yes