1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Recommendations For A 63” Spoonbill

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by Fishingtyler, Feb 9, 2020.

1. Fishingtyler

Fishingtyler New Member

Ok guys. Just got my first ever spoonbill in the shop. I will be doing a reproduction. I was debating on making a custom mold but I highly doubt that I’ll ever use it again. (I’m only a part time guy) The customer wants an open mouth replica. Are there very many quality blanks out there with good mouth detail I can just order? I’m just not sure if I want to go through the trouble of molding the thing and probably barely breaking even. If someone has a blank close to 63 I’d be interested. Thanks for any pointers guys.

2. Fishingtyler

Fishingtyler New Member

Well judging by the lack of replies, this must not be a very common fish to mount.

3. FishArt

FishArt Well-Known Member

I don't know if they have your size, but the one Paddlefish that I've ever done was from LCR/Signature Series and it was a very nice blank. It was for the Illinois Historical Survey as I did a dozen or so fish replicas for them. I had a minor repair where it was speared, but other than that it was really a nice blank. Don't know about open mouth though. PaddlefishReplicaLowRes.jpg

4. AKFM

AKFM New Member

Tyler, I can help. Call me at 907-398-1093.