1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Everybody’s Got One....

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by Clovis Point, Feb 19, 2020.

1. No, I’m not referring to opinions... It seems like every taxidermist I speak to who has been in business long enough has their “celebrity I’ve mounted for”... My mentor, did a snook for Kid Rock. The husband of one of my wife’s coworkers father is a taxidermist in Florida and he mounted Vanilla Ice’s kangaroo...

So what’s y’all’s “famous person i mounted a _____ for”?

magicmick likes this.
  2. wayne4.jpg Santa Claus He deer hunts.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2020
    rogerswildlife and tem like this.

3. Tanglewood Taxidermy

Tanglewood Taxidermy Well-Known Member

I did wholesale final cape prep for a taxidermist that did mounts for Cameron Haines, so I prepped several capes of Cameron's for him if that counts.

For those of you who don't know who Cameron is, he was the editor for Eastman's bowhunting Journal and does videos and such with Joe Rogan. He has also authored several books.

rogerswildlife likes this.
  4. I haven't mounted anything for anyone famous yet. I also do wild game processing and through that I've processed animals for uncle Ted and Lyn Elliot. I've also done processing for a couple of people with famous names Charlie Brown and Willie Nelson are the ones I can recall right now.

magicmick likes this.
  5. Dave York

Dave York Well-Known Member

I did a mount for a NBA player and an NFL lineman for the Raiders.
    One of Mckenzie’s reps that comes to Taxidermy shows is from Kannapolis NC. I spent time talking with him at our state show. As soon as he said where he was from I knew
    Who he had done work for. Had some great stories about him too. Dale Earnhardt.

magicmick likes this.
  6. Richard C

Richard C Well-Known Member

Dwight Evans of the Red Sox (years ago ), a PA deer.

magicmick and Clovis Point like this.
  7. Heath Cline

Heath Cline Well-Known Member

Ohio
    I have done taxidermy work for Keith Warren. Also Ryan Tucker from the St. Louis Rams/Cleveland Browns and Seth McKinney and other Cleveland Browns players.

magicmick likes this.
  8. vic h

vic h Member

Dan Dierdorf St.Louis Cardinals NFL hall of fame lineman. I did fish for him. HUGE man! nice guy. Also did a bobcat for Barkley Plager STL. Blues. I think he's in the hockey HOF but I could be wrong about that. I didn't do work for the next guy but I did have a couple of beers in a corner bar in Reno with Too Tall Jones [Nfl]. Again,HUGE and a good man.

magicmick likes this.
  9. Cory

Cory Keep an eye on quality!

I've done a bunch of work for dead Presidents.;)

10. AHAHAHA This is funny because I mounted a deer for a guy named Tom Collins this year . My sister and I got a great laugh out of this because we both enjoy ourselves a cocktail now and then.

countrycritter likes this.
  11. rogerswildlife

rogerswildlife Rogers Wildlife Taxidermy Tommy Rogers

I did a mount for NBA star Chris Weber super nice guy !
    Tommy

magicmick likes this.
  12. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

In 60 years I never mounted a single, solitary piece for anyone who could claim to be a celebrity. Now I've had a few famous taxidermist in my shop, a few who actually did work there. Ken Walker, Richard Christoforo, Rick Krane, George Dante, Frank Kotula, Dave Houser, Michael P. and a few others. When I was writing freelance, I had Rob Keck stop in

13. Fermis

Fermis Well-Known Member

Well, I can't call myself a taxidermist. I'm just getting into repro fish, for myself.
    My main gig is asphalt seal coating and handyman work.
    I've done work for Ken Dallafior (Det. Lions),
    as well as Mr. Buckless himself (Escanaba in da Moonlight)...Jeff Daniels.

14. Ron B

Ron B Life Sucks.....Then comes the death roll!!!!

Alabama
    George......I'll send you my bear I got in Colorado this year!

I cant go in a Walmart or restaurant even in another State and not see someone who knows me and have to talk about dam deer hunting!!:mad:

George likes this.
  15. byrdman

byrdman Well-Known Member

Micheal Sieve artist, Jerry Mathers,Tom Kurz,Babe Winkleman,(Gary Nelson,Thane Hawkins.) local famous buisnessmen)Warner bros studio for "Sheldon" star Jim Parsons tv show,Grumpy old men bait shop mts.But like George my biggest thrill was helping Forest Hart at the shop of Ken Asproth set up an armature for his sculpting demo at the nationals in mpls.

Micah Howards likes this.