1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Willdlife Gallery WOW!

Discussion in 'Tanning' started by rice194, Aug 15, 2007.

1. Just got two elk capes back from Wildlife gallery and I can't believe the results. WOW no holes, even shaving, pleasent smell ,a top quality product.Thanks Wildlife gallery.

2. I got a lifesize bear back from them yesterday that I had only sent out five weeks ago!

I'm still waiting on capes from another tannery well over six months.

Wildlife Gallery turn around time is incredible.

3. Have you soaked them up yet? Do you have any stretch?

4. Hmmmm.........

No responce?

5. *

* Liberalism IS A MENTAL ILLNESS !

JP . I have had HUNDREDS of skins, lifesize and capes, done by them. I get all the stretch I need with North American and with my African skins also. I can get back "MORE" than the green measurment.

6. The Wildlife Gallery tan and service is unmatched by anyone.During their extra busy time I've had stuff there 90 days .Most of the time it's 45 days or less.For the question about getting any stretch J P,if you send them an elk cape with a 32" neck measurement it will go 33" if you want it to.

7. *

and Chevy's beat Fords.
    It's "HIS" personal experience is that they are unmatched.
    Then you missed your chance to name your preference didn't you.
    It's an open forum, you can praise your tanner it's okay.

8. J, I'm sure that there are other great tanneries out there.Wildlife Gallery just happens to be "GREATER" in my opinion.

9. Cecil

Cecil Well-Known Member

Nothing can be as bad as when I formic acid tanned my own capes. It was like trying to stretch a dry towel!

10. lol cecil, and believe it or not some taneries actually use formic acid not to mention it causes cancer

11. Cecil

Cecil Well-Known Member

That must be why I liked the smell of the pickle. ;D

12. *

J Best, I get over 100 African capes tanned a year there maybe more, And a lot of North American. Been doing that for more than 5 years now. I also use other tanners, one they just bought and three others.
    I get wet tanned and dry tanned African also from WG . Was it tubed skinned? I never tube skin any cape or skin, It doesn't let the shaver thin it as well as he can open. That's my opinion, with 35 years experience in this business.
    I don't believe tube skin at all.
    Maybe for that one competition piece, and it that case I'd do it myself and shave it myself
    I'm sorry you had bad experience. I guess they will happen and do anywhere.
    If I'm sending off a $20,000 lion or a $15,000 leopard or a $10,000 to $20,000 sheep I know where it's going.
    I held off a few months of sending skins to them because of to much dermis loss on my African, I told them about it and it's fixed last two safari's I got back from them were the MOST PERFECT
    Capes I had seen in years.

They have my trust, and with me you gotta EARN IT.

13. Thank You for all the replies public and private.

14. 300savage

300savage Life Is Good

PA
    Chevy does beat Ford LOL ;D

15. NOT

16. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

Chevy does beat Ford.

Yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!

and always will no matter what Darrell says.

17. tazzymoto

tazzymoto Well-Known Member

chevy may beat ford but dodge beats em all!

18. Dodge doesnt make trucks!

19. If you look up dodge in the dictionary, it says to avoid entirely? ;D

20. Aktrpr

Aktrpr Active Member

Wildlife Gallery produces a great tan on big stuff, but I've had bad luck with smaller fur animals. Coyotes, lynx and especially fox. I send them all my moose, caribou and bears but they won't be getting my fur animals until they figure out what there doing wrong. I got a cross fox back that looks like sheep fur. Something they use matts the fur for some reason and they over shave small animals like fox and lynx. Just my opinion, but on high dollar thick leathered skins they're the best IMO.
    Mike