1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Rtv Gi-1100

Discussion in 'Molding and Casting' started by RichMO, Feb 27, 2020.

1. RichMO

RichMO Well-Known Member

Looking as to who sells Innovative Poly GI-1100 other than Rick Krane?? and if anyone sells less than a gallon size. Rick sells a Gallon size but thought shipping to MO may be cheaper if I could find someone closer and less than a Gallon. Another is what Smooth On is equal to the GI 1100. Tried Dragon Skin after the conversation with Frank and like he said it is great. I just need to recast a new bird head or two and plan on the Dragon Skin as the last mold process.

2. Richs Taxidermy

Richs Taxidermy Well-Known Member

B j b enterprises in Michigan sells a product very similar to gi 1100 the polymer guy told me about it phone 714 734 8450 ,might save on shipping

3. Richs Taxidermy

Tc-5024 is the name

4. Thanks Rich! Yes, the TC-5024 is good stuff. In addition to similar feel and props, it has faster demold and can be sued more quickly. BJB home base is California, but I'm formulating materials for them here in MI. It's easy to get orders placed on-line and can quickly get shipping prices. Also you can get QT kits here: https://bjbenterprises.com/index.php/tc-5024-a-b/

5. Also, if you want a closer proximity of products here in the Midwest, call Dave Montana at Resaline at 586-803-1660. He stocks BJB materials out of Michigan.

6. Frank E. Kotula

Frank E. Kotula master, judge, instructor

Rich there’s a lot of good silicone out there besides the GI . I use smooth on mold max 30 with the fast cast acceleration.
    I’m more lucky cause they’re close to me and generally it’s overnight shipping.
    Check with silicone web sites and see what dealers you have in your area or close by.

Richard Walker likes this.
  7. Richs Taxidermy

Yes I like smooth on products but some reason I live 80 miles from them and they will only ship ups,the mold max I bought the shipping was as much as the product.

Frank E. Kotula likes this.
  8. tviper56

tviper56 Active Member

You can get Smooth On products in many sizes right on Amazon and most will be there within two days. They are no more expensive there than ordering them direct and in some cases maybe less.

Richs Taxidermy likes this.