1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Need Some Help.

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by tem, Feb 27, 2020.

1. tem

tem Well-Known Member

got a customer that saw a deer mount with a mouth full of teeth. like a mad dog. well. he wants one. my ? is what to use for the teeth. yote or something else. thank you.

2. Frank E. Kotula

Frank E. Kotula master, judge, instructor

Lol feel for ya but yep yote or wolf will work

msestak likes this.

3. Tanglewood Taxidermy

Tanglewood Taxidermy Well-Known Member

I have done two. The first was with coyote teeth and they look a little too small. The other with wolf teeth and they looked a little too big, but better than the coyote teeth.

4. tem

tem Well-Known Member

thank you gentelmen. ill go with the wolf teeth. its my first. any advice on this project. dos & donts. are there any videos on it. thank you for all your and any help.

5. Tanglewood Taxidermy

You have to know how to alter to an open mouth and what a wolf looks like snarling and imagine what a deer would look like snarling and morph it into your own creation. You will want to pin the ears back in an aggressive pose.

6. 13 point

13 point Well-Known Member

Goodluck with your project , I would refuse to do it , but that’s just me . Not natural can’t stand stuff like that . Maybe if he paid me 5 grand other then that , not a shot . Again goodluck, not knocking you , just my view .

7. tem

tem Well-Known Member

thanks guys. ill do my home work. i told him i never done one be for. it could look like DR. frankinstine did it.lol but hes in to that kind of stuff. told him its going to cost him a lot of $. hes ok with it. i know what you mean 13point. im not crazy about it but the $ good.

8. pir^2h

pir^2h Retrievers give you the bird

For something like this I am not so sure you shouldn't get 100% payment up front. What if he doesn't like it? You will be screwed out of the rest of your money. My opinion!

9. Tanglewood Taxidermy

I can pretty much guaranty the open mouth alteration will take longer than you think. I drew the jaws and skull on the form and articulated the lower jaw at the hinge point I drew on the form and cut a sliver of foam from a block to fill in the cheek area of the lip line where upper and lower lips converge. I kind of took the instruction I received from a booklet by Brent Housekeeper on coyote mounting.

10. tem

tem Well-Known Member

pir^2h.he did give me 100% up front. i love customers like this. known the guy most of my life. hes seen my work. done a few for him. he dont care how it turns out. the worst the better. hes in to oddies things like that. but im going to still do a good job. thats just me. thanks for the info tanglewood.

Tanglewood Taxidermy likes this.