1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Exhaust Fan For Painting

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by slabbandit, Feb 27, 2020.

1. jigginjim

jigginjim Active Member

Fumes? I think many people are looking at the air mist, over spray that hangs in the air. That's why people wear masks and have exhaust fans to remove the mist.

2. byrdman

byrdman Well-Known Member

nah smell and fumes water based has no mist

3. Mudbat

Mudbat Well-Known Member

It’s the exact same pigments. Don’t wear a mask and blow your noses after shooting a bunch of water base paint. It’s a kaleidoscope of colors.

pir^2h likes this.
  4. byrdman

byrdman Well-Known Member

not realy not as much overspray paint goes onto subject not into air... laquers I used 60-70 psi with water based maybe 12 psi

Last edited: Apr 15, 2021
  5. socalmountainman

socalmountainman Northwestern School of Taxidermy - Class of '73

I installed a 12" garage exhaust fan in my 15X25 shop. It was $60 and took one day to install the fan and switch. It moves about 900 CFM's. Is it brushless? Nope. Is it explosion proof? NO! Is it quiet? Yes. It works so good it will suck the heat from my little shop on a cold day! I spray both lacquer and water base. I see the atomized mist coming from my airbrushes and don't want it in my lungs, no matter what the solvent or pigment is. This works for me.

https://www.amazon.com/iPower-Shutt...uPWNsaWNrUmVkaXJlY3QmZG9Ob3RMb2dDbGljaz10cnVl

fan 1.jpg

fan 22.jpg

ARUsher likes this.
  6. Bruledrift

Bruledrift Active Member

SocialMountainMan, can you come over to my place and arrange my paints?

socalmountainman likes this.
  7. Mudbat

Mudbat Well-Known Member

What kind of lacquers are you shooting that require that psi?! That the kind of psi that auto gloss guns shoot at. I shoot lacquers around 10-15 psi out of a iwata hp-bc plus and water base( only golden brand) out of a badger krome at 30.

8. it will take huge amounts of paint fumes to reach the 14 to 1 fuel air ratio,

9. slabbandit

slabbandit Active Member

My thoughts exactly. I've decided to go ahead and install it in the back wall of my 12x20 lofted barn shop.