1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Lifesize Mammals 3-1-20

Discussion in 'Lifesize Mammals' started by Micah Howards, Mar 1, 2020.

1. pir^2h

pir^2h Retrievers give you the bird

Finally got that to work, lets see if the face pictures show up now. I think the foxes left eye is "OK"ish but his right. I could not get that one to look like it wasn't cross eyed for anything. IMG_6090.JPG IMG_6091.JPG IMG_6090.JPG IMG_6091.JPG IMG_6092.JPG

2. 13 point

13 point Well-Known Member

Ok you ask so I’ll be honest with ya , and this is looking at your pics , pics don’t always show the truth , ears are at different levels, left is lower . To me if you can see any clay or fillers around the eye then the eye skin isn’t tucked or pushed close enough to glass eye . And will never look correct . If your counting on fillers to fix that , then that’s the wrong approach.skin should always touch to start out , it will pull a little as it dries to give the floating look needed . Looks like ur tear duct is to low and back is to high , like if you just rotated skin around eye in a small circle it would help a lot , it looks like you eye set is a little off and deep , they should angle outward a little more to help with the cross eye look . All in all it’s not bad just little stuff.

3. pir^2h

OK, thats for those tips. See, I need to get this information. My wife thinks it all looks great but I know better and there is really nobody else to ask. I am going to print all this stuff out and work on it later today. I was having one heck of a time trying to post photos last night. Don't know what was going on but this morning the pictures posted fine. I want to do better work but I know I need some help to explain things and a one-on-one or ever one instructor with two or three students would be ok. You can't ask a DVD questions!

Micah Howards likes this.
  4. Wildthings

Wildthings Well-Known Member

Here it is with a grid placed over it. I slightly rotated the picture to get both the eyes on a level plane
    upload_2020-3-30_9-51-18.png

Keith, Micah Howards and pir^2h like this.
  5. pir^2h

Hey, thanks Wildthings! I appreciate the help you folks are giving me on this guy. That nose is also not straight but I didn't see that before.

Wildthings likes this.