1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Finally Got Another Shop/mancave!

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by slabbandit, Mar 3, 2020.

1. slabbandit

slabbandit Active Member

Some of you may remember that I lost my old shop to a grass fire a few years ago.

shop fire 1.jpg

Well, thanks to the many members such as Perca (Doug), Copper, Den007, and Steelheader, and others, I was able to replace several manuals, tools, and paints. I would especially like to thank Rick Krane for the sincere and encouraging phone call that we had the day after my fire loss.
    It took me longer to get than I would have liked but they just delivered my new 12 x 20 shop/mancave!! No more mounting fish in my spare bathroom!
    I would like to post some pics over the next few weeks as I finish the inside. I have been given a nice 8 ft stainless steel counter top and sink by a plumber friend of mine and I plan on building a real nice paint booth also. I'm really excited to be getting back into a nice place to do my fish.

2. Jon S

Jon S Well-Known Member

Congrats. Good luck with the new shop.

3. hambone

hambone Well-Known Member

The best part of this story is your attitude, hang in there good luck.

rogerswildlife likes this.
  4. antlermike

antlermike Active Member

what part of Ark are in

5. slabbandit

slabbandit Active Member

Westcentral, Lake Nimrod

6. joeym

joeym Jeannette & Joey @ Dunn's Falls

Congratulations! Fire in my shop is one of my greatest fears.

7. Rausch

Rausch Well-Known Member

Way to persevere! Congrats on the new man cave!

8. slabbandit

slabbandit Active Member

Thanks everyone! My old little shop was quite cramped at 8 x 16 I think. My new one is 12 x 20. Fixing to start insulating and wiring this weekend!

Micah Howards likes this.
  9. Clew

Clew Help a child, Build our future

York, SC
    Great news