1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Dry Tan Pricing Help

Discussion in 'Tanning' started by Rgvmelb, Mar 4, 2020.

1. Rgvmelb

Rgvmelb Member

I've got a dog the customer wants dry tanned for a soft mount. How much extra would be normal to add on for dry tans? Is there a rough percentage?

Thanks.

2. Fallenscale

Fallenscale Active Member

NY

3. 13 point

13 point Well-Known Member

I charge a fleshing fee then allow for shipping and I double what the tannery charges to get my total

3bears likes this.
  4. Rgvmelb

Rgvmelb Member

Thanks fellas
    There are no prices for dry tanning unfortunately.

5. Fallenscale

Fallenscale Active Member

NY
    There are prices and extra charges added for splitting lips, ears and fleshing and other services.

6. Rgvmelb

Rgvmelb Member

Nothing about dry tans unfortunately.

7. Tanglewood Taxidermy

Tanglewood Taxidermy Well-Known Member

Those prices listed on their website are their dry tans.

Glacier Fur Dressing, Golden State Tannery, K&K, Midwest, Montana Rocky Mountain, Sivko, Wolf River and Moyle Mink all list their prices on their websites.

Rgvmelb and Fallenscale like this.
  8. Rgvmelb

Rgvmelb Member

Now do any of these actually list DRY TANNING? I keep Googling and no one has listed dry tanning that l've found!
    They've listed prices for everything else conceivable except for dry tanning.

9. 13 point

13 point Well-Known Member

Keystone furs out of PA , most are dry tanned prices , you have to ck box or ask for wet tan

10. Monte

Monte Missouri fur-Limited hair-tanning

All of the tanneries others have listed all have telephone numbers just call them and they will give you a price for dry tanning if you do not understand their pricing strategy it will help you a lot and you will have your answer

Fallenscale likes this.
  11. Tanglewood Taxidermy

I always assume that if a price for tanning is listed and it does not specifically state wet tan, then it is a dry tan price.

The tanneries that I have dealt with listed their prices for dry tan did not specify they were dry tanned because they either didn't do wet tans, so, no need to specify or if they did offer wet tans, they were listed under wet tans even though dry tans were not listed under a category of dry tan.

IF they offer wet tan, then they also list their prices for the wet tans they offer. Some don't offer wet tans at all and others primarily offer wet tans.

12. Jaegerbones

Jaegerbones New Member

Dry tan and wallhangers are not the same thing. A dry tan is basically a taxi ready wet tan that's been dried and oiled. You should def charge a little more, not sure how much more tho

13. Tanglewood Taxidermy

When I have sent out skins for taxidermy and for wall hangers, the all all came back looking, smelling and feeling exactly the same.