1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Raccoon Lifesize

Discussion in 'Lifesize Mammals' started by BlackRidge, Mar 7, 2020.

1. BlackRidge

BlackRidge New Member

I have a customer who wants a lifesize raccoon. He has it skinned out except head and feet. I’m part time and wondered how much folks would charge? Since he already has it mostly skinned out.

Thanks!

2. 13 point

13 point Well-Known Member

Depends , does he want a habitat or on a log , all that needs to be known. My basic starting point is $650 then depends on what my client wants , habitat wise . Open mouth $150 more and so on . Skinning the body out takes 1/2 hour tops , so that shouldn’t even play a part in it , and suppose he skinned it wrong then you have to fix that , just saying .

3. pir^2h

pir^2h Retrievers give you the bird

Same as you would if he brought it in whole.

If you have your car towed to a mechanic to have a water pump replaced and you took the old one off already they are not going to give you a discount. If anything they will charge you more!

4. BlackRidge

BlackRidge New Member

Thanks guys! That’s what I figured for already being skinned out. He’s doing his own base and habitat. So I’ll charge normally.

5. WLELTD

WLELTD Active Member

like 13 point said ,he probably skinned it wrong and you have to fix it, Im thinking about charging more if they skin the animal ,they always screw them up, would never give a break for that