1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

UTA 2020 Expo Canceled

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by tviper56, Mar 11, 2020.

1. tviper56

tviper56 Active Member

March 11,2020

Due to the number of coronavirus cases across the country continuing to increase, the Board of Directors of the UTA has had some difficult discussions about the Expo scheduled for May in Wichita. As of today, there is one confirmed case of COVID-19 in the state of Kansas. However, vendors, judges, and members are expected to attend from all areas of the country.

Out of an abundance of caution, we are cancelling this year’s Expo.

This decision was not made lightly. We are considering the safety of our members, vendors, judges, and the public. We understand the importance of the competition and learning that takes place at our convention. But we are following guidelines about cancelling large group gatherings to minimize risk to the public that have been recommended by the Center For Disease Control and the World Health Organization.

We are working on issuing refunds to all vendors and members who have pre-registered. Re- funds will be mailed to you shortly.

If you have reserved rooms at the Drury Plaza Hotel Broadview, please remember to call and cancel them. 1-800-325-0720. Thank you for your continued support of The United Taxidermy Association.

Best Regards,

Tim Stidham

Chairman, UTA Board of Directors

Last edited: Mar 12, 2020
  2. gtout

gtout Member

I am working on getting my flight cancelled. It is not easy because the airlines are overwhelmed. Good luck!

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2020

3. socalmountainman

socalmountainman Northwestern School of Taxidermy - Class of '73

I just read where a gal was to get a call back within an hour to cancel her flight. After 8 hours she decided to actually drive to her airport, walk up to her airline and request a refund. She did that with-in 20 minutes because the airport was nearly empty!

4. Joe Kish

Joe Kish Well-Known Member

Texas
    I don't know about the rest of you who planned to attend this one, but I am very disappointed over this cancellation. We're a full two months out and the UTA board must believe that two months from now the odds are that we will still be in the height of the flu season and the flu will still be raging or spreading like wildfire does every year in California. You're premature folks. In my opinion you jumped the gun. If I ran the NTA I'd be smiling. What's the odds that they will cancel this early in the year?

Richs Taxidermy, Keith and Ron B like this.