1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Help! We (non-taxidermists) Need To Know How To Sell Our 4 Mounts.

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by DownsizingDuo, Mar 13, 2020.

1. DownsizingDuo

DownsizingDuo New Member

I posted this in another forum, and got no response. Hoping someone here can help.

My boyfriend and I are downsizing, and we're not sure how to sell the 4 wild game mounts killed by my boyfriend. They include a Caribou and a deer shoulder mounts, two pheasants on a driftwood branch, and a wild boars head mount. We've been leery to post on our usual sites for selling stuff, due to lack of knowledge of regulations forbidding such sales. We live in Delaware, but the game was killed in other locations across the world. Looking for recommendations on how to sell these online or locally. We are moving to Florida soon, in case that influences any ideas. Photo attached. 20200309_081144.jpg

2. drob

drob Active Member

Check with your local DNR,etc. regarding regulations,and then use usual sites to sell!

livbucks and Richard C like this.

3. 13 point

13 point Well-Known Member

To be direct , I’m in MD and you can’t sell , by looking at the pics if you could sell they aren’t worth much anyway. Try donating them to a bar or sporting good store in your area .

Keith and drob like this.
  4. joeym

joeym Jeannette & Joey @ Dunn's Falls

Donate to a local thrift store and get a tax-deduction. They seem to sell them without much notice. Besides the caribou (maybe $200), the remaining mounts are worth very little due to their condition, and the small size of the deer antlers.

DownsizingDuo likes this.
  5. WILD BROOKIES

WILD BROOKIES JOIN EBTJV SAVE A RESOURCE

Poor quality equal low peice

6. FishArt

FishArt Well-Known Member

Bass Pro typically accepts taxidermy donations. Although I'm not sure how you're going to get a tax deduction as Joey mentions w/o being a certified charitable organization??? PS I'd keep the mounts if I were you. As mentioned, you're not going to get much for any of these mounts and you may regret it years later. First deer? First Caribou? Etc....

7. Keith

Keith Well-Known Member

If it's a space issue on the caribou and whitetail, have them turned into antler mounts.

8. Westcoast

Westcoast Member

Give them to a family member or someone that you know. So at least you’ll be able to see them again. Getting rid of a trophy kind of defeats the purpose of it.

9. Steven Klee

Steven Klee Steven Klee Studios

I'm wondering why the boyfriend isn't trying to sell these himself, after all they are his... I'm leery on this one!

10. JakeKrog

JakeKrog New Member

The old scam o'la

11. joeym

joeym Jeannette & Joey @ Dunn's Falls

The boyfriend needs to hone his drywall skills...sand, sand, sand!!!