1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Deer Cape Tanning Question

Discussion in 'Training' started by Moosabec, Mar 27, 2020.

1. Moosabec

Moosabec New Member

Maine
    I've got 3 WT deer capes tanning at the moment. I've got a serious surgery waiting for me in a few days.... I was wondering, how long can a deer cape stay in a Krowtann solution? Look's like I will be laid up for a few months... Please advise

2. 13 point

13 point Well-Known Member

Take out let drip free and bag wet and freeze, when your ready take out and put back in new batch , pick up we’re you left off .

Moosabec likes this.

3. Moosabec

Moosabec New Member

Maine
    13 point, they're already tanned as of 4 days ago. I was planning on neutralizing them, washing, finish fleshing, and mounting them, but I got hurt and now I need surgery... Do I need to get them out, or can they stay in the Krowtann solution for awhile, while I heal for a few months? Or do I need to rush and get them out, ASAP, neutralize them and wash and then freeze till I get better?

4. 13 point

13 point Well-Known Member

I’m saying just bag and freeze as is and pk up we’re you left off when better ( suspend in time kinda thing ) , i just wouldn’t leave in for few months , not saying you can’t but , better in freezer with no worries. Of course finishing them would be best but your hurt , so freeze and get better

Moosabec likes this.
  5. Moosabec

Moosabec New Member

Maine
    Makes sense... Thank you :) Phewww