1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Customer Pickup

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by Richs Taxidermy, Mar 29, 2020.

1. Just curious how everyone is handling customer pickup in this bug crazy time.

2. Kerby Ross

Kerby Ross KSU - Class of '83; U.S. Army - Infantry (83-92)

Put the payment in an envelope and drop it off under the 3rd bench from the water fountain in the city park at 1600 hrs. Then proceed to Thunder Park and pick up your deer, it will be hanging on the 5th tree facing west.

:)

Kerby...

ARUsher and 13 point like this.

3. 13 point

13 point Well-Known Member

I’m a little worried bout it , taking PayPal and vinmo for payment when I can,first I ask them if they know anyone that has it , if yes I won’t let them in shop no hand shakes or high fiving , I hang there mount low enough or out side so that they can grab and go

4. Tanglewood Taxidermy

Tanglewood Taxidermy Well-Known Member

What we did at the place I work was purchase a 10X10 plastic shed from Home Depot, place the order to be picked up in it with the invoice attached. When we set up the time to be picked up, we took a credit card number over the phone to pay it off and then a time was given to pick it up at the shed. Then they would call once they were there to pick it up so we would be sure it was the right customer for the right order and we just staggered our customer pick up so we wouldn't have two at the same time.

5. socalmountainman

socalmountainman Northwestern School of Taxidermy - Class of '73

I allow drive-bys. Client pulls up my drive, I load in the back seat or back of the truck and he gives me a C/C or check out his window. I wash my hands in lacquer thinner then dawn soap afterwards (lol).

6. joeym

joeym Jeannette & Joey @ Dunn's Falls

I salute customers rather than shake their hand. Had 5 deer ready one day this week, contacted 5 customers and all were gone by 3:30 pm...a great day! Yes, I wash my hands after handling their cards or money.

7. Ive been packing my 5 foot fiberglass cattle sorting stick everywhere... full swing extension gives me about a 7 foot social distance

(this is not a joke)

8. Ron B

Ron B Life Sucks.....Then comes the death roll!!!!

Alabama
    I invite them in, shake hands if offered, sit around for an hour and talk! Just like l did two years ago in the worst flu epidemic in modern American history which killed four people that I know and as I just learned the mother in law of the customer that picked up his deer yesterday! And I can also add that my wife almost died from it that year. She was hospitalized for almost a week! So......I dont do mass hysteria, nor can I be frightened into changing my life style and I sure as hell don't give up my civil liberties at the drop of a politicians hat!