1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Bird Form Molding

Discussion in 'Molding and Casting' started by erol97, Apr 1, 2020.

1. erol97

erol97 New Member

Hi,

First of all, Sorry for my english becouse its not my native language,

I am new on this forum and I am interested with bird taxidermy as hobby and there is something I wonder and want to ask to form members.

I live in cyprus and there is no one interested with taxidermy in here reason for this not have any store which is selling taxidermy supply such as Bird forms and buying them from the abroad is very expensive becouse shipping and custom fees too much than the forms reason for this I want to make my forms myself. But I have too much animal in freezer with very different sizes and I think I need more than 10 different mold for them but I can't find any resource about how to make molding and I want to ask few questions about that;

1-) What can I use instead of molding silicon such as smooth-on? becouse in here not have any place which is selling molding silicone

2-) can you suggest me any (picture or video) source which is showing how to make molding forms

Thanks in Advance

2. Frank E. Kotula

Frank E. Kotula master, judge, instructor

You can cast bodies after you sculpt out of clay to make them as close as you can anatomically correct using a good gel coat. It’s used in many forms.
    You need to make sure you can take it apart with no issues like undercuts.
    Some cast the body itself but you have to make sure you set the body up correct as it’s dead and has lost of muscle structure