1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

A Public Service Announcement From Joe Kish

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by Joe Kish, Apr 3, 2020.

1. Keith

Keith Well-Known Member

All life come at a risk. No one is going to live forever.

In MN as I write, we have 24 dead... half of whom were already in nursing homes. Around 864 tested positive, with about half now considered well enough to not be quarantined.

Most of these are in the metro areas. Not the entire state.

We've had much worse flu seasons and didn't shut down the entire economy.

And for this we shut down millions of lives, forcing us into a recession. This is the definition of insanity.

Ron B, buckmasters243, tem and 2 others like this.
  2. wa

wa Thanks John...this depicts me better

I like tits on anything

3. Jerry Huffaker

Jerry Huffaker Well-Known Member

9DA82703-6D71-4A2B-9186-BF31537E2B14.jpeg

George, magicmick, Wildthings and 5 others like this.
  4. Keith

Keith Well-Known Member

Or maybe we should target the segment of the population that are actually at risk.

Ron B and buckmasters243 like this.
  5. Jerry Huffaker

so how are you going to target my wife and I Keith? I'd love to know

6. 3bears

3bears Well-Known Member

MN
    Well stated Terry.
    "Buckmaster243", what are you doing to support or strengthen these associations that you have issues with? I can tell you without a shadow of a doubt that any taxidermy association that exists is strapped for resources to combat any issues coming down the pipe and could use your support.
    This pandemic that you find trivial is another issue that cannot and should not be easily dismissed. Yes, you shouldn't believe everything you read or hear about it but, there are enough folks in the medical field that state that you should take precautions to protect yourself. Tha

magicmick likes this.
  7. wa

wa Thanks John...this depicts me better

Everyone/Thing is at risk.
    The tigers just got it in the Bronx Zoo
    (should still be in good fur) how sad

8. buckmasters243

buckmasters243 Active Member

I
    Used to be member but had on road colored glasses . I wouldn't give them another dime or minute of my time . They are full of yes men and dont want to say or do anything that might be controversial they play it safe and look out for the organizations best interest and for the conventions they dont care about the working taxidermist or industry they do things for the shows and magazines . They put on a good show that's it . Try to go to a board meeting where they discuss the issue you feel should be number 1 and they talk for 4 min and talk about convention rest of the time . Once you become enlightened you'll see it isnt all Rose's and candy . Theres no reason to ruin an economy and peoples lives for a flu ,look at the graphs and charts this isnt much more deadly than normal flu . And as a taxidermist this is going to hit us harder when our customers arent working or paying there Bill's. And to mention our liberties that are being taken away .
    Theres a quote I forget it was ben Franklin or Jefferson
    A person who gives up their liberty for their safety deserves neither liberty nor safety .

9. Fallenscale

Fallenscale Well-Known Member

NY
    Problem is Government does try to take our rights away. The Government has cry wolf to often. The media does like to create drama and tell half truth.

We must be intelligent enough to tell the difference between drama and the truth

Ron B, buckmasters243 and 3bears like this.
  10. 3bears

3bears Well-Known Member

MN
    I get that you have a difference in opinion with your state board but how does quitting make things better for anyone? I can say that I have had the same issues but I also have learned that nothing will change unless someone stands up and makes them listen. Sure it is a hard row to hoe and things may still not change but there is a chance, if someone tries. I'll let you in on something, the conventions are how associations make the majority of their money for the year, it sure isn't from memberships alone. Combined that money probably barely gets most associations through the year with little resources to tackle all of the issues that taxidermists are confronted with.
    The flu is deadlier I think I read, it is just that we are use to it and dealing with it. In my neck of the woods it already has hurt my business considerably, people aren't picking up because they are unsure of what is coming or because we are under a shelter in place warning. Turkey season starts here next week and many folks, myself included, travel to hunt turkeys, not this year. Spring bear is about to start in some states and Canada, many won't travel for that.
    I suggest that we all stay diligent and ensure that our rights are not violated but don't be idiots and start a battle over something as trivial as going to Starbucks for a damn cup of crappacino just cause it's your right.

11. Jerry Huffaker

im curious as to what it is that you want the PA association to do for you?

George and Kerby Ross like this.
  12. Allie

Allie Active Member

For you critical thinkers – especially those not concerned only with the unclaimed deer head on their wall – you might find this opinion article from a Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist in the failing NYT apropos to this discussion. It's a look back from the future, in 5 years.
    https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/03/opinion/coronavirus-future.html

13. Joe Kish

Joe Kish Well-Known Member

Texas
    I read it. I looked up the writer, Bret Stephens. Just being a NYT writer one can tell one about all he needs to know about the screed that comes from that source. It's a puff piece to let us know that it will all be OK five years from now minus the hardships and loses in life and property. What else would a liberal establishment writer whose paycheck depends on manipulating public opinion to conform to establishment dictats and what the government would approve. He got a lot right that conservatives can't fault. But he didn't mention what might be the effects of martial law, hyperinflation, the number of suicides, the congressmen that would have to go into deep seclusion to avoid a mob with pitchforks, etc., etc.
    etc.
    Nevertheless, we need to know what the enemy is up to. Always. Thanks.

George, buckmasters243 and Ron B like this.
  14. Joe Kish

Joe Kish Well-Known Member

Texas
    Notice that Jerry is not actually curious. He's just being his usual provocative self. I'm told he plays this same game on Facebook.

Jerry Huffaker likes this.
  15. Tanglewood Taxidermy

Tanglewood Taxidermy Well-Known Member

I think it is important to frequent your enemy's websites, tv broadcast's and media to try to understand how they think, what is on their agenda and what they are planning to do to you and/or your way of life.

I haven't been doing that as much lately because I have been extremely ill, so I rather be on this site than theirs when I have to choose.

Side note; My wife and I had this sickness that the doctor said was an unfamiliar lung virus the last week of February to the third week of March. All the flu tests we took came out negative. Covid-19 wasn't news worthy yet, so we weren't tested for it. I told my wife that I have never had such a respiratory sickness without having a head cold or influenza first. It started in our lungs and stayed in our lungs. My wife was on treatments including a nebulizer for two weeks and the day she was to be admitted into the hospital, she had a turn for the better, so no hospital. Now I have bad asthma I called my doctor today and she said that it is possible that we had covid-19, but said not to come in that she would give some asthma meds and if I don't get better I might have to come in. I know the asthma is allergy related, as I have had asthma in the past , but it's been years. She also said that the unfamiliar lung virus that we had is probably lingering and adding to the problem.

That three weeks was a piece of cake from my mouth to the top of my head and from the waist down. It was one of the most horrible four weeks I have had from my mouth to my waist. My stomach muscles and hernia surgery sights hurt so bad from coughing every 15 minutes for 1 week day and night then another week coughing every hour day and night and then another week of slowly getting to the point of coughing 10 or so times a day and I am still coughing numerous times a day.

It went through my work place infecting over 1/3 of the employees before coming to me.

16. Ron B

Ron B Life Sucks.....Then comes the death roll!!!!

Alabama
    I want EVERYONE'S grandchildren to grow up in a free and prosperous society. To achieve that takes some one, some where, to take chances! Freedom is not easy...it is the "hard option" and it has a deadly cost! This argument of "public safety" is THE EXACT SAME ARGUMENT USED AGAINST GUNS"! (By the same people I might add...the CDC)

Many honest, good hearted, well meaning Americans just want to keep playing with their grandchildren and not be murdered or robbed, at gun point! But because we know (or should know) that freedom is more important than safety, we accept that by exercising this freedom many tens of thousands of people will die every year! Over the years....more than will ever die of covid-19! We all have to function and work in society to live....no one "has" to have a gun to live"!
    So when you call people like Joe or me "stupid" for not wanting to see our civil liberty's trampled keep in mind there is a huge segment of our population that thinks YOU are "stupid" and simply cannot understand how it is that you can't see why no one should have guns....because guns cause so much suffering...and its true...they do...but... You cannot pick and choose where you will fight for freedom and which you will willingly give up! You either believe in them all...or you don't!

It is ONLY in times of trouble (real or imagined) that tyranny can evolve! A foreign entity will never be able to take our freedoms.....if we are to loose them, it will be because we gave them away willingly! And that will only ever EVER be done in the name of... "safety"!

buckmasters243 likes this.
  17. Ron B

Alabama
    Same exact story here! Literally dozens of people (including every one that works here) got a severe upper respiratory sickness that tested negative for the flu! It was not as bad as some flu's we have had but lasted forever (weeks)! Even saw this mentioned on a news show today with some health officials believing this chicom flu may have been here since November! I hope we all had it because I don't want to have to deal with it next winter when it returns!

18. Fallenscale

Fallenscale Well-Known Member

NY
    Can NOT argue with what you wrote.
    The left will not let a crisis go to waste.
    But I do believe this Coronavirus is killing many.
    No vaccine no one knows really what it is or the health department not telling us.

19. 13 point

13 point Well-Known Member

What do you get on a drinking bindge every night then start playing keyboard hero where you think you have to save the Taxidermy world ? Save your breath and your preaching go back to your bottel and tell someone who gives a rats ass of what you think or have to say . Your a hero in your own mind , you think this virus is such a joke go out and live your life normal and after you catch it remember NO ONE TELLS YOU WHAT TO DO , ESPECIALLY THE GOVERNMENT. You have a great night I’m sure someone out there has to love ya .

20. Ron B

Alabama
    Yes the virus is deadly but not even as deadly as the people telling us to stay six feet apart! Yet we don't try and "virtue shame" people who go to the doctor! My wife nearly died from the flu in the 2017-18 epidemic! I was once nearly killed by a surgical mistake! I was minutes from from being dead! A young friend of ours, on his way to our house, just three weeks ago had to be air lifted from an auto accident! The world is a deadly dangerous place, and we will never have this "utopia" that people think they can achieve by cowering in the face of danger! I believe it was Marcus Aurelius who said "Death smiles at us all.....all a man can do is smile back"! "Memento Mori" and carry on!

buckmasters243 likes this.