1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

A Public Service Announcement From Joe Kish

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by Joe Kish, Apr 3, 2020.

1. 3bears

3bears Well-Known Member

MN
    I'm not sure I can explain it any other way buckmaster but their purpose is to "assist it's members and the general public on compliance" with laws not to fight against them. They are not a lobbying organization with deep pockets such as the NRA. Their membership and funding is just a drop in the bucket compared to the NRA. These "Unjust laws" that you claim you are under affect everyone but you are just targeting one organization, that you claim to not be a member of as not doing anything. Maybe you start an organization to lobby against these "Unjust laws". It shouldn't be that hard to gain members and funding should it? After all it affects everyone.

2. 3bears

3bears Well-Known Member

MN
    Joe, I'm not saying that I totally disagree with you about the "Pigs at the public trough" but I can say I understand why any taxidermy association is reluctant to do what you and buckmaster think they should. Everyone has been affected by this and it would seem pretty brash and selfish to make a public statement against anything at this time. In case you hadn't noticed there is a large percentage of the population that does not agree with us and what we do.
    I hate this situation as much as the rest and I will not let my rights be infringed upon but life has taught me to choose my battles more wisely and with more reservation than in my youth. Don't mistake my present reserved attitude for passiveness.

3. Ron B

Ron B Life Sucks.....Then comes the death roll!!!!

Alabama
    There needs to be some kind of "default" clause in the constitution that dictates that any official who authorizes the willful violation of American civil liberties regardless of reason, can no longer run for public office! There may be some valid reasons to do so, but every public official, from dog catcher to governor etc, needs to know that making that order means the end of their career automatically! That way, perhaps they will think long and hard before doing it! If we must be asked to forfeit our life's work, hopes, dreams,...they can at least give up some of theirs!

On a side note: Concerning "nonessential workers". The US Government is one of the largest employers in the country! Do you mean to tell me they do not have one GD nonessential worker? Where's the governmental layoffs.......WITH OUT PAY?

Keith and buckmasters243 like this.
  4. buckmasters243

buckmasters243 Active Member

They are under the department of ag, the department of ag can set it's own rules as to how things are run and how businesses could be run under there umbrella organization. And the ag reports to the governor so it wouldnt be much for the group or association to say hey heres an option for our industry and group and then the ag thinks about it and consoles or reports to the governor we dont need our livelihoods and economy destroyed if we took these steps . The purpose of a group is to be a larger voice for many and they do not use there potential to do what is right rather what is in there best interest .

5. buckmasters243

They say they wont do anything or not there responsibilities to change laws or things like that
    But they will take credit for things such as court case
    Showers verus spangler
    Or that they took us put from under the pgc jurisdiction
    And put us under the department of ag.
    That they were the ones that stopped the testing to get our taxidermy license. They wont and refuse to fight for us now or ever on issues like we have now or cwd but will take credit for things in the past they had absolutely no part of

6. buckmasters243

Maybe they should care more and speak up for the working taxidermist . Becuase guess what . You heard it hear first .when there next convention flops .It will because the taxidermist dont have money to attend the show when they havent gotten paid for month or two and there customers are laid off .then they might reflect and say to themselves maybe we should have talked for our group and people to change how the law and maybe more would have attended the show.