1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

In Search Of A Blue Goose

Discussion in 'Bird Taxidermy' started by Trapper2016, Apr 5, 2020.

1. Trapper2016

Trapper2016 Thanks for this awesome forum!

Hope everyone is staying safe and keeping busy. I am hoping that maybe someone out there would be kind enough to gift a blue goose to me. They are a beautiful bird and we don't get them around my way. Just lots of Canada Geese. If anyone has one in the freezer that they don't feel like working on, I woul be grateful if you would consider gifting. I will pay for all shipping charges of course.

Thanks for your time and stay safe everybody
    Chris

2. 3bears

3bears Well-Known Member

MN
    Dude you are at least a week too late. I just got back from South Dakota hunting them with some customers, we only saved enough for the mounts that we wanted. I plan to go next year again, if they continue to have the conservation hunt. If you don't find any by next January get back in touch with me.

bucksnort10 and Trapper2016 like this.

3. bucksnort10

bucksnort10 Well-Known Member

If you want another hunter next year, please give me a hollar. Thanks!

4. 3bears

3bears Well-Known Member

MN
    I will be sure to try and remember to let you know Dan.

5. 3bears

3bears Well-Known Member

MN
    2424.jpeg

Trapper2016 and Chippers like this.
  6. GotHonks

GotHonks Active Member

Sorry I can't help you out but your right they are a beautiful bird , one of the best looking geese ... Never killed one myself but I mount a lot of them from Juvies to Eagle heads ... They are a real trophy in Ca .. Didn't even see one this season but I've got 4 or 5 to mount so obviously they're a few around ... Kinda weird thing is that our Blues have the grey or silver back compared to other states that they have a white back ... Just got 2 killed in NE Ca late season with White backs ... Cool bird ... Hope u find one ...

Trapper2016 likes this.