1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Taxidermy Shop Of The Week

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by socalmountainman, Apr 6, 2020.

1. joeym

joeym Jeannette & Joey @ Dunn's Falls

I'm either good or cheap...I'm trying to determine which, LOL!

socalmountainman and 13 point like this.
  2. Dave York

Dave York Well-Known Member

It seemed like a lot of room until I moved in. 61D0E901-1B89-472E-B59D-5C87CD435179.png 10D150E3-AFF3-4DFE-8FF8-2FCB164115AD.png

3. Codemad

Codemad New Member

Buy no means a shop, just my garage and my version of a bird flesher. I was given a motor it turns at 1725 rpm and is .33 hp. The white plastic is cut from a 55 gal drum. I'm currently in the process of trying my first mount ( full strut turkey). I am worried if this setup will be to powerful for a turkey skin?? Any opinions would be appreciated!! Pic of the first full fan done on the flesher. Also trying to post pics for the first time, I hope they downloaded with this post. Great thread as picture and idea's go a long way!! Thanks!!

Attached Files:

4. BowDeadly

BowDeadly "LIFE IS GREAT" It's better with a bow

You guys are lucky to have a nice set-up. 35 years in the same dungeon/basement.

5. I agree. I don't have a dungeon/basement, but I do have my back porch/storage room/shop. lol shop.jpg

socalmountainman and Wally Gator like this.
  6. socalmountainman

socalmountainman Northwestern School of Taxidermy - Class of '73

Well, I completed most of the work on the remodel and it has made a tremendous difference in space and flow. Only thing left to do is the double sink.... tannery finally shipped and deer season opens soon so it may be next spring before I have time again (lol)! x.jpg w.jpg v.jpg q.jpg b.jpg 5.jpg 2.jpg 6.jpg

7. Very nice and organized. I like it.

socalmountainman likes this.
  8. vic h

vic h Active Member

OH crap!!!!!!! you really should delete that photo with the boar form in it!! It "appears" like it has not one, but two nooses hanging in your shop! Good God man if this gets into the wrong hands the taxidermy industry will be outlawed!! By the way.... that's a nice shop!!

Vic

9. 3bears

3bears Well-Known Member

MN
    Joe that shop looks great but too clean and organized. Careful showing a beam and fleshing knifes somebody may tell you that you are using out dated crap.

10. Tanglewood Taxidermy

Tanglewood Taxidermy Well-Known Member

socal, there is no way I would be able to find anything if my shop was like yours. I can't find anything unless I'm fishing through a pile of other things I will eventually need. How do you do it?

socalmountainman, ARUsher and 3bears like this.
  11. socalmountainman

socalmountainman Northwestern School of Taxidermy - Class of '73

Sometimes I hang turkeys (by their feet)!

12. vic h

vic h Active Member

That's just gonna get PITA on our butts...it never ends