1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Mckenzie Ledge/ Mantel Rock Bases

Discussion in 'Habitat and Exhibit' started by jhawk, Apr 9, 2020.

1. jhawk

jhawk My second job.

What's the best way to attach a bobcat that is laying down on this ledge?

Thanks for your help!

2. 13 point

13 point Well-Known Member

41BB225E-4D5C-46AE-B4E6-18A930CC84AE.jpeg I’m posting a bad drawing with this , with that in mind this will lock it on but you can’t take it off .
    Take a decent gage wire and bend it kinda like a J in pic tight up top but open at bottom (see pic) then at bottom bend it back to itself real tight . Make this wire length in conjunction to form and rock or log so it hides inside . Lay critter on habitat and mark where it touches . Take J wire and push top end thru hide into form a few inches as deep as you can , now pull back down ward , it will lock in now go to habitat and drill a hole a few inches down, test fit wires in critter going into that hole . Pull off now fill that hole half way up with 5 min epoxy and put critter back on hold in place till glue kicks . I promise it won’t come off . 1 wire will work but I would suggest 2 contract points . Hope you understand what I’m saying if not just ask

Vulpes Vulpes likes this.

3. jhawk

jhawk My second job.

Thank you for your reply. I understand the wire going into the bobcat and then pulling down to secure it.Great idea! The opposite end that goes into this ledge, has the back open so you can secure it underneath the surface, could be bent and secured. Or, Is the surface thick enough to drill a hole and use 5-minute epoxy to hold it in place when filling the hole? Am I on the same page or close to it?

4. 13 point

5257FBF0-2615-496A-838C-AB86AC381881.jpeg Your not sending it thru and bending over your just bending up to double or even triple the bottom part of the wire to put in the drilled out hole and glued in , being bent up gives glue more to hold on to instead of a straight wire , just drill the hole as deep as possible with out going thru . It will hold . I believe you got it

Last edited: Apr 10, 2020
    Fallenscale and jhawk like this.
  5. jhawk

jhawk My second job.

Thank you sir I appreciate your help!

6. 13 point

Your very welcome , just one of the tricks I’ve learned thru the years. Glad to help