1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Shoulder Panel Attachment

Discussion in 'Tutorials' started by Dave Byrd, Apr 11, 2020.

1. Dave Byrd

Dave Byrd Active Member

I would always struggle attaching panels until I started doing it this way. There may even be an easier method but this works pretty good for me.

First I attach the panel to my mounting stand. Use screws that will not run completely through the panel. 001.JPG

Next I drive a 1" screw into the front side of the panel for the mount to hang on. I use a hanger on the mount that is identical to the hanger on the panel in the first picture. This way the mount sits flush against the panel.
    002.JPG

I hang the mount on the panel and make sure everything is centered and the eyes are level. You may have to move the placement of the screw just a bit to get the mount centered on the panel. I had to move mine up about an inch because it was initially too low. It's best to err on the low side and have to move up instead of moving down and possibly leaving an exposed screw hole.
    005.JPG

Last I drill four pilot holes through the panel ONLY (just slightly larger in diameter than the screws) and insert four 2 1/2" screws. I usually drive the top one in first and re-check the mount for centering before driving in the remaining 3 screws.
    010.JPG

Remove from the mounting stand and you're good to go.
    013.JPG

magicmick, 13 point and drob like this.
  2. drob

drob Active Member

Very nice mount!

3. Mike Powell

Mike Powell Well-Known Member

Good tutorial! Thanks for sharing.

magicmick likes this.