1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Epoxy For Skull Cavity

Discussion in 'Skulls and Skeletons' started by Jaclyn, Apr 15, 2020.

1. Jaclyn

Jaclyn New Member

I am looking to do a very simply euro mount for an aoudad skull. The plan is to use a shelf bracket attached to the wall, bend the top down about 45 degrees, and have a carriage bolt from the spinal cavity of the skull secured through a hole in the bracket with a lock nut.

What type of epoxy would hold the carriage bolt into that spinal cavity? The area I am trying to fill is about as big as my thumb.

Thank you.

2. Sea Wolf

Sea Wolf Well-Known Member

Last edited: Apr 16, 2020
    fadetoblack72 likes this.

3. Marsed

Marsed New Member

Gorilla Glue not always does his work perfectly and fast. Often it takes dozen of refresh manipulations. It can be used in phones other devices and even furniture. By the way, here there are a lot of discounts and sales and you can get your lucky chance. The product is 100% non-toxic.

4. Sea Wolf

Sea Wolf Well-Known Member

I am assuming you are nothing but a troll with no real interest in this forum or even taxidermy. Your gibberish posts (here and elsewhere) with disguised links are not even clever. Nor are they pertinent. Gorilla glue is useless for this application. Perhaps you don't understand what they want .. or maybe don't even care.

Westcoast and George like this.
  5. Casreder

Casreder New Member

My husband and I have started an apartment repair. And I can say the most interesting in that was to experiment with table covers by David has a great blog about epoxies with the best coverage (12 sq. feet per gallon). It was truly a pleasure to decorate our apartment with its production.

6. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

Bondo is your safest bet. BEWARE of using epoxies. They have what's called "pot time". When you mix it thick, it cures quicker than when mixed thin. In a skull, you're mixing it thick and that faster cure time relates to heat being generated. It will get so hot as to turn the epoxy brown and it will cook the skull from the inside making it likely yellow in appearance.

7. Southtexas

Southtexas New Member

Apoxie Sculpt is a good application for what you're asking, a bit on the expensive side but it will do the trick