1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Hi Fiber? Or

Discussion in 'Molding and Casting' started by jigginjim, Apr 17, 2020.

1. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

I'm not about to make a comparison of a woman's body as I'm sure some women on here aren't interested in the analogy. Ben Franklin said "All cats are gray after dark." Turn the lights out and all of us look better.

I'm not sure where one could be without finding a source of cabosil. As for strengthening fibers, fiberglass chop can be found at many suppliers and certainly through catalogs for boat building. I got much of my products from Jamestown Distributors (www.jamestowndistributors.com)

2. Tanglewood Taxidermy

Tanglewood Taxidermy Well-Known Member

I have used the Hi Fiber substitute from Research Mannikins with good results.

3. Lauria Molitoris

Lauria Molitoris New Member

Hey guys I just wanted to make a post regarding asbestos. My dad was a taxidermist for many years. I was looking through his things tonight reminiscing. I found a receipt from 1981 for an asbestos purchase. I first looked on here and found old postings with a guy saying he snorts it everyday so he can get in on the lawsuits. I felt sick. I know he was joking, I grew up around guys joking, not offended easily. Just wanted to say please be careful. My dad had bad lungs and died from that disease at 79. But I just lost my husband January 1 to Mesothelioma. I wanted to tell the guy that posted to go ahead and snort it, but he wouldn't get to live long enough to enjoy the money. I won't stay here and rant. I grew up a ranch girl, love everything country. Loved being by my dad's side as a taxidermist. Just asking you guys to be careful please. I am going to fight against the sales of asbestos until my last day here, in honor of my husband. Other countries have banned it, but it is all about the almighty dollar and the US continues to sell products containing asbestos. I'm sure you have someone who loves you. My husband was a very young and agile 69 year old. He was far from ready to leave this earth and our 11 grandkids. Enjoy what you do. Life is good! I didn't mean to barge in here and I will probably be removed now. But if I can help one person, well what can I say. Take care!