1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Looking For Skull Cleaner Who Uses Acetone Degreasing

Discussion in 'Skulls and Skeletons' started by phillytom, Apr 19, 2020.

1. phillytom

phillytom New Member

2. phillytom

phillytom New Member

Sorry to sound like an elitist. If you’ve been burnt by someone who sounds like a professional but is learning on your heads, you might want to do business with people who can back up their words. I don’t want to offend; it’s not productive. I’d like to learn from my choices.

socalmountainman likes this.

3. I saw no evidence in that video that indicated that that "professional" used acetone to degrease. The only degreasing he did was boiling a mixture of peroxide and dawn in water. He even pointed out grease in the bone that he was finished with. He even said that the appearance will even out in a few weeks and we all know that the grease is not going away on its own. Wonder what his bear and hogs in particular look like a year or two down the road?

Good example of the conflicting info that the OP and others find when trying to learn.

I have had folks bring their yellow sticky skulls to me to make them look like the ones I clean. I say sorry, no way will I even try.

Sure, everyone wants the cheap and in a hurry but that does not mean that they will be happy with them down the road.