1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Selling Bear Skull

Discussion in 'Skulls and Skeletons' started by hoytarcher, Apr 20, 2020.

1. hoytarcher

hoytarcher Member

Iowa
    I have a question that hopefully someone can answer. I have a black bear skull that I have listed for sale. Knowing that states have different laws pertaining to the possession or purchasing of black bear parts, I got online and looked and I have found 3 different answers. I reached out to the Texas Game and Fish and their employees are working from off site locations.

Does anyone have any information on if I can sell a black bear skull to a resident of Texas?

2. Sea Wolf

Sea Wolf Well-Known Member

Last edited: Apr 20, 2020

3. hoytarcher

hoytarcher Member

Iowa
    I am in Iowa and a buyer in Texas is wanting to buy it. I have read on that page that NO parts are allowed in Texas and I have also read that as long as it has the tag information of where it was taken then it is legal.

4. Sea Wolf

Sea Wolf Well-Known Member

Your best bet of all is to contact your Natural Resources dept and get a direct answer. I have always found state websites to be hard to find exact answers. When you do contact someone, make sure to get their name as well.

5. And to go one step further.....

I prefer to ask the question via email so I get a written response with a name and date on it that I can keep for future reference if necessary.

Fallenscale and 3bears like this.