1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Trout Head Halows

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by TaxidermyArtist1, Apr 29, 2020.

1. TaxidermyArtist1

TaxidermyArtist1 Member

On a trout head you have the soft halo around your black spots, can anyone say what color you use to create that with ?

2. Frank E. Kotula

Frank E. Kotula master, judge, instructor

Look at references as many will have different colors in there.
    Different whites to silver then reds to browns and then dark browns to umbers.
    That’s it in a nut shell.

JL likes this.

3. TaxidermyArtist1

TaxidermyArtist1 Member

Thank You Frank

4. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

I always used white or burnished silver and then painted the black dot. Never knew how easy it could be doing it Rick Krane's way. He painted a black spot, misted over it in white, then used a pencil eraser to uncover the dot.

5. NOAH@aarrkk

[email protected] Active Member

GA
    Not to refute you George....guess Rick demonstrated a variety of ways of doing lots of things....seems I remember he was finishing something and as the coloration on the head was nearing completion, but still lighter than the finished product would be, he used a piece of vine charcoal to make black spots larger than the desired end product. The final coloration on the head was made, the charcoal was wiped off and then a smaller black spot was added leaving a lighter halo around it. That's kind of long-winded but hopefully someone got the idea!

Sleepyhollow likes this.