1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Sitting Black Bear

Discussion in 'Lifesize Mammals' started by Cpm, May 10, 2020.

1. Cpm

Cpm New Member

does anyone make a 72" x 48" sitting form or at least close enough to alter?

2. Keith

Keith Well-Known Member

I don't know about a sitting form, but I suspect your measurement is off. Stretch that bear for width, and bring that length measurement down more in line of what it should be.

3. Cpm

Cpm New Member

I measured the carcass

I did measure it pretty far forward it was starting to swell.

Last edited: May 10, 2020
  4. WLELTD

WLELTD Active Member

Vandykes

5. Keith

Keith Well-Known Member

Not very often you get the luck of carcass measurements on a bear. If you haven't already, I would tan the skin, stretch to skin to 72 and retake your girth. Good luck.

6. Cpm

Cpm New Member

ya was lucky. Where this bear was taken is very dry 11 inch or less yearly most are very skinny he had a 19 1/2" skull and weighed 372. they want it sitting and I can't find anything even close to that. haven't looked at vandykes yet but I'm about to.

7. Cpm

Cpm New Member

spypoint.jpg_02.jpg
    this is him

Attached Files:

8. Jim McNamara

Jim McNamara Well-Known Member

Hugh’s forms has one that’s very close. Shouldn’t take much to alter. Arms and head repositioned mostly.

Jeff70 likes this.
  9. Cpm

Cpm New Member

I took Keith's advice and after fleshing (he said tanning) but pre salting was the best I could do and when stretched to 72 and pulled the girth I got 58 I'll do it again after tanning and I bet my numbers make a little more sense

10. Fallenscale

Fallenscale Well-Known Member

NY
    Some
    Sound better to me. Good luck finding what you need