1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Ph Paper

Discussion in 'Tanning' started by Sleepyhollow, May 15, 2020.

1. Sleepyhollow

Sleepyhollow New Member

Is there any local big box store that a person can some. I ran out and hate to place an order for just that. All I can find start at 6 and go up to 8.

2. 13 point

13 point Well-Known Member

Try any drug stores near you

Sleepyhollow likes this.

3. joeym

joeym Jeannette & Joey @ Dunn's Falls

Red Cabbage Juice
    One interesting method of testing the pH of a liquid uses red cabbage juice as a pH indicator. When the cabbage juice is mixed with different liquids, the solution changes color thanks to a pigment in red cabbage called flavin – an anthocyanin. If the color changes to pink, the pH is 1 to 2. If the color becomes dark red, the pH is 3 to 4. If the color changes to violet, the pH is 5 to 7. If the color changes to blue, the pH is 8. If the color turns blue-green, the pH is 9 to10. If the color becomes green-yellow, the pH is 11 to 12. This means that pink and dark red solutions are acidic, violet solutions are either acidic or neutral, and blue, blue-green and green-yellow solutions are alkaline.

Frank E. Kotula likes this.
  4. 13 point

13 point Well-Known Member

Very cool and interesting, never heard of that before, thanks for sharing

5. joeym

joeym Jeannette & Joey @ Dunn's Falls

I remembered doing that experiment in chemistry class years ago. Found that tidbit on the internet.

6. Sleepyhollow

Sleepyhollow New Member

Thanks guys I appreciate your input