1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Shark Jaw Identification Of The Species

Discussion in 'Skulls and Skeletons' started by French taxidermy, May 24, 2020.

1. Hi everyone,
    Like for my last post I begin by saying sorry for my bad English...
    I need some help for a shark jaw identification.
    This jaw is from south Africa and the jaw is from one species which live there.
    I have it since a long time and it will be cool if someone knows from what species he is...(I m not sure this is English...)
    I m not sure that the natural color is yellow but it's probably because he have take a bad shower with javel...
    I can post more pictures if you want...
    Thanks for your future return...
    [​IMG]

2. I don't know how to put a picture...

3. Sea Wolf

Sea Wolf Well-Known Member

Pictures are easy. Go to this site postimage.org To put pictures there is free. Upload in high resolution and then you can use links from there to put pictures here. :)

Your problem is that Flickr doesn't like to share.

One site you could use, though it will take much searching is the one below. They sell a lot of shark jaws from all over the world. You could look through the photos and see if anything matches. You will need to scroll down through the page and look one by one.
    https://tellmewhereonearth.com/Web Pages/Shark Jaws/Shark_Jaws_Page_1.htm

Last edited: May 24, 2020
  4. mako shark to me

5. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    More pictures to confirm ...

6. Sea Wolf

Sea Wolf Well-Known Member

Without any searching, I have a jaw with what looks like the exact same teeth. A mako shark. Isurus oxyrinchus or possibly Isurus paucus as both can be found around Africa. I have not tried to see if there is any difference in the shape of the teeth between the two.

7. I have see them too but the width is really different between those two... on some pictures and for other it's great... I just doesn't want to orient your idea and make you do a mistake....(I m not sure my expression is good)