1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

For Sale Forum Rules

Discussion in 'For Sale' started by kojak, May 29, 2020.

1. kojak

kojak Active Member

Did the rules of this forum change? 7 of the first 10 posts are online comments!
    It is against this forum rules to post comments online!
    If you wish to contact a seller click on their name and their profile will come up. Then click on start conversation and send them an offline personal message. If they provide an email address or phone number you can reach them that way.

Doubled-d65, pir^2h, Rausch and 5 others like this.
  2. byrdman

byrdman Well-Known Member

"taxidermists" have questions...sellers that are not taxidermists need to make posts more detailed .. there has to be a way to ask questions for all to see and think the mods see this and are allowing replys.

Kerby Ross and Great Skulls like this.

3. Great Skulls

Great Skulls Member

I just don't understand why people have gotten so militant about all of this? Years ago, this forum was SO much better - people would actually TALK about selling items. Ask questions about value, price, etc.

Now it is just filled with grouchy old men who just bark at people who are legitimately coming to this community for help.

Why is everyone so mean?

And why do y'all obsess about that forum rule but are happy when your buddies post a dozen different items separately and/or bump more often than allowed - both violations of rules that you seem to not be bothered by.

Bottom line: how it is good for the profession for y'all to come off as so mean?

4. Westcoast

Westcoast Member

I haven’t been part of this forum very long, but from day one this has been a topic that seems to be a huge issue amongst its members. I see both sides point of view and truth be told, they’re both right. But I agree that sometimes a question would benefit everyone to see, for example “what size is the cape?”. But on the same hand, someone posting “ my contact information is..” needs to be prevented from doing that. So what is the solution? Why can’t we as a collective group figure this out? Or should we just say screw it and be shitty towards each other? What if you could post questions that the general population of taxidermists would need to know about an item?but, no posting of anything else.

Micah Howards likes this.
  5. BowDeadly

BowDeadly "LIFE IS GREAT" It's better with a bow

graphics-laughing-590695 - Copy.gif

tem and bob wendt like this.
  6. socalmountainman

socalmountainman Northwestern School of Taxidermy - Class of '73

https://www.taxidermy.net/threads/416742/

7. socalmountainman

socalmountainman Northwestern School of Taxidermy - Class of '73

https://www.taxidermy.net/threads/416742/

8. bob wendt

bob wendt indiana, wyoming and kansas

rules at top of page. plain as day. I quote direct.." do not post on for sale ads". there it is. I don`t make the rules, but that is the RULES! if the information you need is not there, then contact the seller, or ignore the ad. but DO NOT POST ON FOR SALE AD is what the rules at the top of the page say. if you think rules are for everyone but you, then post on for sale ads. it is kind of like if the cop tells you to stop and you run anyway , don`t crab if you get shot. you know the rules.

Doubled-d65, pir^2h, kojak and 2 others like this.
  9. Sea Wolf

Sea Wolf Well-Known Member

Maybe the forum could somehow be changed (doubtful) so that, if someone posts a comment or question, the post does not get bumped back up to the top? That is the reason for the rule. Every time someone adds a comment, the post goes back to the top. This makes it unfair for others that have also posted recently because their posts are driven to the second page and stand less of a chance to be seen. Make a different way for the OP to bump their post back to the top after the allotted time to do so.

Micah Howards, AllieC and kojak like this.
  10. tem

tem Well-Known Member

i just love it when one has a lot of things to sell and they put up each one by it self. creating a lot of post. droping every one down.

kojak likes this.
  11. Rausch

Rausch Well-Known Member

There are a few on here that do that. They almost always have at least one post on the front page

kojak likes this.
  12. olebarnette

olebarnette Active Member

Look at the page now! Multiple posts by same seller. Like craigslist has a built in filter that only allows you to place an ad on the same item, one time. This site should only allow you one posting per every 7 days to force people to combine their items in the ad vs hog the whole first page with their items. The person making the ad should only be the one able to bump their own ad in 7 days. Commenting on an ad by others should not be a function. Use the message option only.

Last edited: May 31, 2020