1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Water Scene Help

Discussion in 'Bird Taxidermy' started by Zach Johnson, Jun 3, 2020.

1. Zach Johnson

Zach Johnson New Member

Hi, I am working on a suspended water scene with driftwood branch sticking up the middle. I'm trying to find the best way to make some waves on the plexiglass. So far I have the plexiglass on the branch and made it look like the water is freezing around the branch. Next step is to add small waves or ripples. I have a tube of level and I have silmar scenery resin I was planning to use with some blue and green dye. If anyone has some tips or suggestions that would be great! Thanks!

2. Wildthings

Wildthings Well-Known Member

Pictures would help!

BrookeSFD16 likes this.

3. 13 point

13 point Well-Known Member

Use enviro tech lite , lay some sand down as a mold , wet it make depressions and odd shapes in it . Lay a pcs of clear wrap on top , mix EVT and wait , you want the EVT to start to kick , could be 20 mins , as it kicks wip it to put air in it , when it holds the air and stays frothy without breaking down pour on clear wrap. After it hardens you have a wave , now glue on to plexiglass and add more EVT to blend in.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2020
  4. Zach Johnson

Zach Johnson New Member

this is what I have so far.

Attached Files:

Micah Howards likes this.
  5. Zach Johnson

Zach Johnson New Member

I haven’t found a good picture of what I want but some small waves is what I’m going for just something to add realism to it

6. byrdman

byrdman Well-Known Member

pour your resin and " babysit" until it starts to set then use blower to make waves ripples

7. Zach Johnson

Zach Johnson New Member

Suggestions for coloring resin?

8. byrdman

byrdman Well-Known Member

I put any color under the plexi

Zach Johnson likes this.