1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Please Critique My Fox Mount

Discussion in 'Beginners' started by tobynitch, Jun 3, 2020.

1. tobynitch

tobynitch New Member

I've been doing taxidermy for about a year now, but I still have alot to learn. I sculpted and cast the head of this fox myself, because the forms I bought and used on all my other foxes didn't look too good. This is my first time using this custom form and also my first time using bondo ears. I used bondo on the turned ear and the other one is just a regular earliner with the cartilage removed. Any advice and comments are appreciated!

Attached Files:

2. 13 point

13 point Well-Known Member

You know pics don’t always show the truth, that said to me by pics your eyes are set inward and it gives it a cross eyed appearance , your ear butts are a little high which in turn make the ears look to tall , and you should tuck your lip line in a little tighter . Last thing either learn to flesh the nose out better and shape so you will have less shrinking or just do what I do any more and use an artificial nose . Good job on sculpting the form

3. tobynitch

tobynitch New Member

Thank you for the input! One question though is what do you mean by eyes set inward? How can I fix this on future mounts?

4. 13 point

13 point Well-Known Member

image.jpg Fox eyes have to be set on a slight outward angle

5. The eyes make all the difference.