1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

My Complete Collection

Discussion in 'Skulls and Skeletons' started by French taxidermy, Jun 4, 2020.

1. Hi,

Just a little post for present my little collection (very little) I have begin when I was 12 (now i'm 16) but the real beginning is since two months :

So first a Tridacna and a small portion of my collection of identified tropical shells. :
    [​IMG]

Ostrich egg, chicken egg to compare, a block of fossilized shell, lava stone, agathe stone etc (Pieces to make scenes later) :
    [​IMG]

My collection of identified local shells (and few tropical) :
    [​IMG]

Neocaridina davidi shrimp, melanoides turberculata snail, Tahitian pearl :

[​IMG]
    And my most beautiful piece a Pina Nobilis (almost disappeared ) approximatly 50cm :
    [​IMG]
    Mako shark jaw and moults of mantis, phelsuma grandis and cicadas:
    [​IMG]

And for skeleton (because for the moment it's more shell...) I preparing a Larus argentatus and a conger conger.

So I have a lot of work to do...

2. Sea Wolf

Sea Wolf Well-Known Member

Amazing that many of those shells are also in the USA or at least very similar ones.

3. Yes of course a part of them live in the atlantic océan in general I have a sheet for eatch one if you want to have the name of each specie...

4. Thanks for sharing !
    The giant bivalve is impressing, shells I've found are far smaller...
    Be sure to label and document as much as you can, before there are too much stuff and you start to forgot things. Data linked to specimens is a key for a valuable collection :)
    Very "marine" oriented collection for now by the way.

5. The giant bivalve: the tridacna ? or the pina nobilis ?
    I haven't say from where they are but the tridacna is actually from Mauritius, the pina is from adriatic sea (slovenia) local shells are from brittany south and north, tropical shells are all from indian ocean Mauritius and La Réunion...
    Yes very "marine" because I m a freedivers so the majority of my shells have been taken from that way... (with human values: they were dead. especially for rare species) but it's not because I just want marine it's just because I havent see terrestrial dead species...
    Yes of course I do sheets (in french sorry) for each specimen :
    [​IMG]
    First I take a classification table etc...
    After I put the origin and how I have take it... (the size, The supposed age...)
    After I put a little wikipedia presentation...( I know copy-paste is bad...)
    Voilà voilà

Brian Reinertson likes this.