1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Large Leopard Pelt,full Head

Discussion in 'For Sale' started by Smokyy Waters, Jun 6, 2020.

1. Anyone know the laws on vintage pelts I have one from 1950s with all paperwork.

I bought a while back on public auction but have heard are not allowed

Attached Files:

2. Your OK

3. Daedric.oak

Daedric.oak Member

[
    (Commenting since it's at the top)

My family was in a similar situation like this with my grandmother's jaguar coat. She had the coat prior to the 1970's endangered species act. All paperwork for it is there. However, we were informed that because it's an endangered species, even though she purchased it prior to the laws, it is illegal to sell in the US.

With that in mind, we are just casual civilians. I'm sure there are licenses that Taxidermists have that allow you to sell said animals since I've seen Taxidermists selling endangered animals. But I don't have a taxidermy license so I wouldn't know specific legalities.

As for regular civilians, no you cannot sell the leopard. It sucks my dude, but my family was in the same boat. You can chose to donate or gift it to family members or a museum or something along those lines.

4. Sea Wolf

Sea Wolf Well-Known Member

Not true at all. Seeing that you aren't selling it but asking a question, see if you can delete the post from this section and post it in Mammals or one of the other ones where folks can answer your question. Posts here are not to be commented on.

JakeKrog likes this.