1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Please Help! Thank You!

Discussion in 'Buyers and Sellers' started by SaltyGirl850, Jun 9, 2020.

1. Yes, one buyer = less hassle = worth it

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No, seperating them can raise more money.

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  1. SaltyGirl850

SaltyGirl850 New Member

My husband and I have acquired a taxidermy collection that is beautiful. While we love and appreciate them we don't have room for them. My brother has been going through chemo for testicular cancer and then going to work 10 hour days to support his family. I would really like to sell these pieces and give him the profit to help relieve some burden. I understand the rigorous process as far as laws are concerned, and to be honest have no idea what I'm getting into. A plan for what my best course of action should be, or any ideas will be greatly appreciated.

2. Fallenscale

Fallenscale Well-Known Member

NY
    First step when asking any one for help ,for the best way to sell and laws that may be involved you should name all species that are mounted. That will be most important giving the laws.
    I feel you should contact your local DNR office and ask them the laws of selling mounted animals rather then take advice from a person that may not understand the laws 100%.

3. 13 point

13 point Well-Known Member

Unless these animals are of trophy book size , they won’t be worth much unless you find that perfect buyer .

4. Kendall

Kendall Active Member

SaltyGirl850 likes this.
  5. Museum Man

Museum Man Well-Known Member

Lolli Bros. is your very best bet

SaltyGirl850 and bob wendt like this.
  6. bob wendt

bob wendt indiana, wyoming and kansas

they likely will bring way less than you thought. their value is to the person that harvested them and has the memories of the hunt.

pir^2h likes this.
  7. SaltyGirl850

SaltyGirl850 New Member

This fact keeps being brought up so I thought I would explain. This collection is a gift to us. We are not paying a penny for it. I am trying to raise money for my sick brother. So any money that we raise I will be happy with being that it will all be profit towards help.

8. SaltyGirl850

SaltyGirl850 New Member

This is exactly what I was looking for thank you!