1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Raccoon Head Mount

Discussion in 'Tutorials' started by Arhianna, Jun 16, 2020.

1. Arhianna

Arhianna Member

Hello,
    I am in the process of mounting a raccoon head and I'm having a hard time finding info on how to actually set the eyes(depth etc) and the ears (how to build up the eatbutts and where on the head they actually sit) I have ear liners and I'm not sure which is right and which one is left as they look similar and both look right when inserted into the ears. Thanks! This is my first mount so I really dont know what I'm doing lol

2. Arhianna

Arhianna Member

Attached Files:

3. Fallenscale

Fallenscale Well-Known Member

NY
    Better get some reference pictures

4. Arhianna

Arhianna Member

I have some

5. Fallenscale

NY
    Use clay for the ear butts. Your reference photos she show you right where they belong as well as how how deep are how far out the eys set.

6. Arhianna

Arhianna Member

I dremeled out 2 holes for the ears to sit in. So I just fill the holes with clay and stick the ears in, then shape it from the outside, right?

7. Fallenscale

NY
    Right. if you look at your reference photo the front of the ear have no butts the back of the ears till sit very close to the skull. The inside of the ears very symmetric.on the back of the ears taper out a slight bit but no taper inside the ear.

8. Arhianna

Arhianna Member

Thanks! I'm working on the eyes right no . Anything I should tweak? QUOTE="Fallenscale, post: 2809872, member: 56118"]Right. if you look at your reference photo the front of the ear have no butts the back of the ears till sit very close to the skull. The inside of the ears very symmetric.on the back of the ears taper out a slight bit but no taper inside the ear.[/QUOTE]

Attached Files:

9. Fallenscale

NY
    It hard to tell from the picture and the photo is a little of a side shot. Maybe a little cross eyed. But hard look at a photo .