1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Customers

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by 3bears, Jun 16, 2020.

1. 3bears

3bears Well-Known Member

MN
    Am I the only one lucky enough to get calls from folks asking how their mount is coming along only to find out they brought it somewhere else? I had a guy getting kind of pissy with me this morning, he asked how his mount was going and when it would be done. I have a customer with a similar name, so without stopping what I was doing out of reflex, I said another couple months providing everything goes well. He then asked if I had moved, because he stopped by "My shop" and it was empty, I answered with a no and telling him I have been here for 28 years and have been doing business for 15. He then went quiet and told me thanks for my time and hung up. A while later he calls back and asks "Is this so and so"? I tell him no and suggest that he listen when people answer their phone with their business name. The light bulb finally turned on in his head and he asks "I suppose I'm out my deer and deposit". I said I can't answer that but he sure isn't getting either from me. He thanked me for my time and hung up? Over the years I've had this happen multiple times and it always irritates me at first but then after a while I get a good laugh out of it.

drob likes this.
  2. Glenn M

Glenn M Well-Known Member

I do very little taxidermy now, but when i was full time I got calls all the time for another taxidermist named Glenn that was only a few miles from my shop. He never advertised so they would call me looking for him. Once I realized they were not my customer I would sometimes tell them their mount was ready come pick it up anytime :D

3. 3bears

3bears Well-Known Member

MN
    I'd probably do the same, if the name was the same but that is not ever the case. It has happened several times with one in particular shop being the intended recipient and our names aren't even remotely close. So one can't blame it on voice dialing. My only guess is that they wished they had went with their gut and brought it to me in the first place, instead of price shopping , but don't know, just a thought.

Glenn M likes this.
  4. BowDeadly

BowDeadly "LIFE IS GREAT" It's better with a bow

Yea I had a guy called all pissed off that I had his crappie for 3 years. I kindly explained he picked it up 2 years ago, he hung up mad. Couple weeks later he called with a bass he wanted done, we laughed about it then.

5. joeym

joeym Old Murphey

Several years ago I had a lady call and ask me about a skull. She and her boyfriend had picked it up about a month earlier. She argued and argued with me that she had NOT received it. Her boyfriend called me that night and said they found it in the utility room...he said her mind had gone to sh!t. I told him that makes two of us!