1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

I Swore I Wouldn’t Do This....

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by Clovis Point, Jun 22, 2020.

1. I know it’s dead horse beating.... That there are 100 other McKenzie screws you on shipping threads.... but seriously this shits ridiculous. I’m about to go full blown black lives matter, I mean at what point is enough enough? We need to stand up against this injustice.

in this photo the items on the right (plus 10 more hangers) are in front of the box they arrived in and were ordered June 1 and cost $16 to ship. The items on the left were ordered June 19th and are in front of the box they arrived in, the freight charges totaled $30.11. In the center I included a beer for scale and because I really needed a drink.

yeah, I know lacquer based paint is flammable and can’t be shipped on an airplane, but hell, McKenzie didn’t even put the black and white hazardous triangle emblem sticker on the box the second time so it can’t be that big of a deal.

I’ve had a few very good interactions with the folks at usa airbrush supply. I’m going to give them a call tomorrow and ask them about their shipping and ordering policies, because it looks like I’m switching to Woods n Waters (I can get Yox grey from Matuska). I’m not ordering from McKenzie anymore.

Attached Files:

2. joeym

joeym Jeannette & Joey @ Dunn's Falls

Ship me some of that beer....cold!!!!

3. Rausch

Rausch Well-Known Member

I’ll take some of the All Day IPA if ya got it!

4. fishmaster

fishmaster Well-Known Member

At least you have good beer to drink. I drink that one a lot. Think how crappy life would be if you just had Bud or Miller lite.

Clovis Point likes this.
  5. 15pt

15pt Active Member

Alabama
    I've got a round trip drive of an hr to fosters and I have someone that picks up from joe coombes for me every 2 weeks (cost me 2 skull mounts a yr). So far those 2 carry anything I need and since I'm going to shoulder mounts and skull mounts only next year I probably wont ever need any of the others. Consider myself lucky!!

drob likes this.
  6. socalmountainman

socalmountainman Northwestern School of Taxidermy - Class of '73

I love McKenzie...... just sayin'.