1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Taxidermy School Reccomendations

Discussion in 'Training' started by owlietenil2, Jun 30, 2020 at 8:46 AM.

1. owlietenil2

owlietenil2 New Member

Hi All,
    I have always had an interest in taxidermy, but due to work and other things, I was never able to pursue it. I have finally gotten to the point where I have the money and time to be able to attend taxidermy school, and potentially start my own business. I would like to know if anyone has a particular school/course that they recommend for someone just starting out. I would like to attend a 6-8 week course to get exposed to as much as possible. Location isn't a concern, and I would just like to get the best education for my time and money. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

2. Fallenscale

Fallenscale Well-Known Member

NY
    Congratulations at getting to the point where you can start your journey of your desire to start a business and become a taxidermist. Notice the order I put them in.
    I feel your location has a lot which school you attend. When starting a business first think you must look at who are going to be your customers. Where you set up your business will dictate that. Which big game is hunted in your area or is your business near a great fly way where waterfowl is most sought-after or in a famous river or lake area where everyone want to wet a line to catch the most beautiful big trophy fish.
    After you answer this one question then you know what kind of school and education to seek.
    Dont forget to write a business plan. The plan is to keep you on track of what your goal is and if you're staying the course. As in everything in life the course of the journey to your goal will change and after prudent thought you remap your business plan.
    Good luck, think take good advice throw out the bitter and destructive remember no one cares about your success as much as you.

pir^2h likes this.

3. socalmountainman

socalmountainman Northwestern School of Taxidermy - Class of '73

Read this:
    https://www.taxidermy.net/threads/431327/