1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Eyes From Eyes4taxidermy Aka Taxidermy.by

Discussion in 'Buyers and Sellers' started by SterlingFoxCreations, Jun 30, 2020.

1. I was wondering if anyone has purchased eyes from this seller. If so, how would you describe the quality of the product you received? If you do not recommend them, what seller would you recommend?

2. byrdman

byrdman Well-Known Member

I normally only use glass but had to order these for some raptors... very very nice colors blends and sheen....even when building up lids they never scratched...of course I was careful

3. Daedric.oak

Daedric.oak Member

I tried to purchase from them about a year to a year and a half ago. When I inputted my credit card info, my card was declined and it prompted me to do it again/switch cards. I decided against buying from them since I knew I had the funds and wasn't sure why my card was declined. Later that day my credit card information was stolen. I know someone else who had the same issue. But I know many others who haven't had any issues with them. I wouldn't buy from them just because of that (unless I bought from a trust worthy 3rd party site like Etsy but not sure if they sell there), since that was a bit of a hassle.

As for quality, from what friends have told me they like the eyes. Variety of colors that are usually hard to find.

Robert Baker likes this.
  4. I have bought from them many times before, and on occasion I've had issues with being able to pay them. Main problem is my bank sees the attempted transaction as fraud (due to them being in Eastern Europe), and while I am glad my bank is being vigilant, I still have to call them and place a temporary exception on my account so the payment will go thru.

That said, I think their eyes are awesome.... I've almost stopped using glass eyes (save for those of common animals with simple colorations and for common eyes I need fairly quickly, like from Van Dykes) these days. They are highly realistic and have a very life-like depth and the colors are more vibrant than what can be had in most glass eyes. The only downsides (other than payment issues) is that the eyes are plastic and are much easier to scratch than glass, and of course you will be waiting two or three weeks to get your order due to the international shipping (for those of us in the US at least).