1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Pearl Ex Powders For Crappie

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by slabbandit, Jul 8, 2020.

1. slabbandit

slabbandit Active Member

Can I get some suggestions on which Pearl Ex Powders to buy for tipping scales on my crappie? I usually just spray Iridescent Blue, Iridescent Green, and Gold Sparkle. May also use some colors on Largemouth and Bluegill.

2. Frank E. Kotula

Frank E. Kotula master, judge, instructor

All your answers is in references. I’ll take a photo, blow it up on my pc and from there all see my golds, blues, greens red etc and go from there. It’s not hard figuring this out , as the scales are large enough for one to see them . I’m not being a PR here cause I can tell you them but if you don’t know where to apply them , then it’s a waste of time. It’s kind of like paint by numbers. On scale 24 , second row from the 3rd spiny ray use interference red on top of scale but halfway down use yellow green and blend in inference gold.

Sotired and Beltonbanger like this.

3. slabbandit

slabbandit Active Member

Thanks Frank! I understand what you're saying. I was looking at a fresh caught crappie this evening in the boat and I thought this would be even better than a refence pic.

Frank E. Kotula likes this.