1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Savz It Vs Stop Rot?

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by Dannynewman, Jul 10, 2020.

1. Dannynewman

Dannynewman Well-Known Member

I've been using stop rot for quite a while and like the product. But lately I've been ordering my materials through TASCO and they don't carry stop rot but they do have something called "savz it". Just wondering if anyone has any experience or has used this product before? Does it work the same as stop rot? It seems to be a darker color. Any feedback would be much appreciated.

2. Frank E. Kotula

Frank E. Kotula master, judge, instructor

It’s a good product but in hindsight it’s two different qualities. Stop rot is a far more superior product for what it’s mainly used for as it actually changes the fibers to a healthier skin to saves it doesn’t and can’t do what stop rot does.
    Saves it has a lot of other good quality to it cause it can be injected used in hydration of tanned skins that might be iffy etc.

Robert Baker likes this.

3. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

I have yet to find a TASCO name brand on anything that met its claim. The old man, John Rinehart, had one of the best paint on tans ever made. He went to McKenzie and changed the formula. Now TASCO brags about the "original formula". Bullspit! I KNOW what the original was and did.

There are several other suppliers who sell Glen Conley's StopRot. Broaden your horizons and order the product that does what the name implies.

Robert Baker likes this.
  4. Dannynewman

Dannynewman Well-Known Member

Thanks for the insight gentlemen